Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dogs walking around the street..

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by CheekoAndCo, Jun 30, 2009.

1. CheekoAndCo

CheekoAndCo PetForums VIP

I've just came back with Cheeko from his walk around the block and there was a dog walking the streets looking asif it was on a mission to find something. I saw it from the distance and tried to distract Cheeko from noticing it but the dog saw him and made a dive for us. A car was speeding down the road and just missed it then Cheeko noticed it so ofcourse he starts barking and the dog started sniffing and growling at him. I tried to grab Cheeko but he was having none of it so I dragged him along and kept telling the dog to go home and it left us but we just got round the corner and it came running round the corner and Cheeko was in the middle of doing a poo and it tried to jump onto him so Cheeko got a fright and started barking again. It kept following us and I didn't feel safe atall it eventually left us but it really anoys me how people around here let their dogs run the street because they are too lazy to walk their dogs :cursing: I think the dog might have been looking for a bitch in season but all the dogs that run around here haven't been neutered so no doubt there is loads of poor puppies somewhere. I do know of a few people here who one week get a new puppy and a week later they have another one and you never see the first puppy again. The dog warden does go around during the day but all the dogs seem to be out at night time. A poodle here was attacked within inches of her life here the other week so I suppose it made me worry aswell. It's not the first time it's happened either when mum takes him round she's ended up having to carry Cheeko all the way home because dogs follow and try and attack and she's ended up being nipped a few times. The last time it happened between mum and our neighbour they managed to catch it and took it to the police station and it's now been rehomed as the owners didn't even realised the dog was missing.. Does anyone else have problems with dogs running around their area?

2. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

We used to and generally it was very dog aggressive dogs like a I think newfie mix that would try to attack our dogs when we walked past.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice