Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dogs visiting residential homes etc...

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by ~Tete, Jun 27, 2009.

1. ~Tete

~Tete PetForums Member

I take my dog cassie to visit the residential home down the road every now and then after speaking to the manager who said it was ok,Cassie loves all the fuss she gets and the people there know us and we get to chat and they all enjoy the visits with cassie.

Anyone else do this?

Also, I know some people take their dogs to the childrens ward in hospital, but I know you need a cartificate for that, how can I get the certificate?

2. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

If you contact pets as therapy surely they'll be able to get her certified if she's well behaved. It sounds like you're both doing a great job.

3. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

That's a really lovely thing to do.

Pets as Therapy are the charity that you can arrange to visit hospitals etc through.
    Welcome to Pets As Therapy
    Lilly'smums pup just got her certificate.

4. basi

basi PetForums Senior

My eldest girl Cali use to be a PAT dog until we moved to Germany then her membership lapsed. She use to love going in to the nursing homes and also the childrens ward in my local hospital of that time. I found it very rewarding but sometimes a bit upsetting if one of the residents had passed away inbetween visits:( She has also gone in to my mums school when we have been back home for a visit which I have to say is her favouite place as she just adores kids.

5. Camsie84

Camsie84 PetForums Member

I took Ted to see a dear friend of mine when she was very ill in a hospice. The staff were amazing, and brought him some water. It made my friend's day to have him there for a cuddle, and seeing her smile through the terrible pain that she was in was wonderful

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice