Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dogs that sit on other dogs? Why?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by classixuk, Jul 30, 2009.

1. classixuk

classixuk PetForums VIP

Hi all,
    Yesterday, my 4 month old bouvier puppy did something that I have never seen before. He resolved a dispute between himself and a female 5 month old collie pup by literally sitting on her! :eek:hmy:

The collie pup belongs to my cousin, who was popping around to ours for a cuppa after we had attended puppy training class together.

The collie was getting feisty; baring her teeth and growling in a play session. My bouvier turned side onwards, backed the collie into the wall and then just literally sat on her!

As amazed as I was, my cousin told me that some of the other dogs her collie pup meets in the park also do the same thing ... they sit on her too.

I've never seen this before. Have you?

2. davehyde

davehyde Banned

lol mine does that too.
    he has a mate ted who is a staff x with a terrier , he looks like a pimped out yorkie lol, lovely little dog and really game.

when they play ted is just one big ball of energy and runs rings round my golden, 6 mnths old, so mine just plonks himself on top of ted and gets his breath back.

he also seems to go for teds harness as once he gets a grip they have a right old tumble about.

the only downsize is ted seems to lead him mudholes and it is never ted that gets to look like a black lab

3. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

:D You've got yourself a peacemaker there! My Poodle x is my peacemaker, if we see other dogs on walks he will stand himself between my dog aggressive dogs and block them with his body. It's a great natural talent and something to be nurtured! ;)

4. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

My brothers dog has sat on his son before on a roundabout. He sat there all smug as if to say your not going any where with out me.

5. Patterdale_lover

Patterdale_lover PetForums VIP

When my nephew was reaching into the fire once chester sat on his hand :eek:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice