Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dogs & Smells

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Riley., Apr 18, 2017.

1. Riley.

Riley. PetForums Junior

My dog always sits with me on the sofa in the evening, however recently we got some Dog Febreze because the place was smelling like dog and she's just lying on the floor now. I feel kind of lonely now lol

2. Mirandashell

Mirandashell Banned

If you can smell it, think how strong it is for her! She's probably missing you too but the stink of Febreze is just too much for her. And TBH, I'm on the side of your dog cos I can't stand the smell of that stuff either.

Happy Paws2 likes this.
  3. Rafa

Rafa PetForums VIP

Why is your house smelling like dog?

It shouldn't be. Febreze simply masks smells, I think you would do well to try and identify the source of it.

Are her ears and teeth okay? Have you checked her skin?

lullabydream likes this.
  4. piggybaker

piggybaker PetForums VIP

My house stinks of something horrible at the moment as one of the dogs has got seriously BAD wind! Making me gag!! So now I'm torn between freezing to death with the window open or putting the dogs in the kitchen....

I'm freezing LOL

5. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

What do you feed? Am not a food elitist but when I first got Stan, and he had been bathed prior to me picking him up...he didn't half humm...so much so my son told me to bath him again the following day. However I truly think it was what he was fed, since hes never smelt rancid again, and he is a complete and utter muck magnet on walks!

6. Riley.

Riley. PetForums Junior

Just Wainwright's Lamb & Rice kibble. She doesn't smell now because I gave her a bath. It's only if she gets wet from the rain or when she goes for a walk.

7. steveshanks

steveshanks PetForums VIP

We have pet birds so have to check a lot of stuff as it can be very bad for them (they have air sacks instead of lungs) and its amazing how much crap we spray around our homes and how bad it all is AND now we have stopped its amazing how we really don't need all the crap. Reason i mention this is Febreze is very bad and does make you wonder if its any good for us humans......Steve

Ownedbymany and lullabydream like this.
  8. Mirandashell

Mirandashell Banned

I just can't stand the smell of any air freshener. Often cos I can still smell the bad smell and then the perfume over the top.

ladyisla likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice