Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dogs name on ID Tag?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Mum2Heidi, May 14, 2010.

1. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

Have you put your dogs name on their tag?

#1 Mum2Heidi, May 14, 2010
    Last edited: May 14, 2010
  2. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

Noooooooooooooo just phone & post code they are both chiped :thumbup: so cant leave them anywhere :rolleyes:

3. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

nope, on my lots tags they have my mobile number, oh's mobile number, house number and post code and on the other side chipped and snipped :D

i checked them with our dog warden and they said its fine

4. Sarahnorris

Sarahnorris Banned

yup, i have two one with name and number and one with "im chipped" and vets number :)

5. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

No I don't. I like the thought of it but in reality it doesn't give much of a benefit as a lot of dogs come anyway I find :D

My boy's has on it 'If you find me please contact __________ on ___________' and on the second side it has 'I live at __________(with my full address on)____'.

I think if you have space you could do but some people express concern at others knowing your dog's name and it being easier to pinch them or claim its their dog on the micro chip details etc. I don't know how likely that is at all, but I don't put his name on anymore.

Roo has another Petlog purple tag which says 'I'm Chipped' on.

How about Heidi's? :)

6. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

My Dogs Have the first letter of their name on theres :)

so zeb says Z i am microchipped, with our addy and mine and oh mobile numbers on them and bears is the same but with B on it instead

7. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

No cos collars are interchangable in my house and it it fits it gets shoved on their necks so they all just have phone numbers and chipped & neuteured. :thumbup:

8. PembrokeMadhouse

PembrokeMadhouse PetForums VIP

I just got a tag for Meg - with her name and my mobile number on it ... didn't know what else to put ... She is chipped. If I take Meg's collar off she gets panicky cos it means "shower" and that's a terrible thing!

C X

9. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

How about Heidi's?

I'm a total cop out :scared:

I dont like the idea of my tel no. and details flapping about on my dog's neck for all to see, so she has the old fashioned ones with the piece of paper screwed up inside l:thumbup: It has my surname, house no, postcode, mob and home tel no's
    Bought her a disc because everyone has them but she only wore it briefly because I just didnt like it.
    Totally stupid I know :rolleyes:

10. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

Nope. We have our surname and contact number on there.

And on Ruby's tag it says the same with "i'm blind" added to it.

11. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

No just phone number, post code and another one to say he's chipped and the number of the vets to call

12. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

We used to have the twisty barrel things with the paper inside but they were always falling apart and untwisting themselves. Luckily they never lost them on a walk but the amount of times i've found them in the garden is just silly so we got tags instead, they're much harder to lose lol plus, some people might not know what it is and assume they don't have any ID so personally I find a tag much better :)

13. noogsy

noogsy PetForums VIP

hi my dog has my mobile number
    i am microchipped on the other side.
    no name,our vet said it makes the dog easier to steal if they have his name.
    we got the tag through the vet,made of some sort of life long metal:rolleyes:
    im easy to sell things to:eek:..lol
    love noogsy x

14. kaisa624

kaisa624 PetForums VIP

Holly has 2 tage. On her main one her name is on one side, then on the other, my house number, postcode, and my mobile number. Then an I'm chipped tag.

She has another name tag for when at my OH's, but he put his full addy and mob on.

15. Colliepoodle

Colliepoodle PetForums VIP

Mine don't have their names on but I don't get the "easier to steal" thing.

What does that mean? That the thief knows the right name to call the dog?? But if he's got close enough to read the name, he's got hold of the dog anyway!

16. Nellybelly

Nellybelly PetForums VIP

Mine has name and mobile number. she is also microchipped.

17. Emmily

Emmily PetForums Member

Both mine have their name and 'Microchipped' on one side and our address and landline phone number on the other side.

I've no worries about them being stolen, they're crossbreeds :)

18. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

Went thro a spate of loosing them. Coming home and finding just the top of the screw section attached to her collar. Sorted that by giving it a quick tighten before I let her off the lead. Then we went through the "lets lose the whole thing" stage as I'm sure discs must get lost when the little link that attaches them waves bye bye. Soooooooooooo she now has a bigger chunk of metal attaching it to her collar and so far - so good.

Think I may have to paint "ID in here" on the outside or, to h*ll with it, wear the blinking disc :lol:

19. GSDlover4ever

GSDlover4ever PetForums VIP

No name on any of Zaras tags, she has a few: one with my address, mobile no. my mums adress, home no. and my bfs contact details too, micro chip tag and a tag with spayed on it. :)

20. Vicki

Vicki PetForums VIP

No, my dogs doesn't have tags so naturally their names aren't on them :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice