Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dogs lead walkers to car accident

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by loukodi, Aug 22, 2013.

1. loukodi

loukodi PetForums Senior

Hero dogs

Heroic hounds save victim of rural Shropshire car crash « Shropshire Star

On the day of the accident, the two Dobermans inexplicably stopped in their tracks – before straining at their leads to go in the opposite direction.

Their confused walkers decided to let the dogs lead them to where they wanted to go.

And they were stunned as the eight-year-old dogs started barking after uncovering the scene of a crash over a mile away.

The woman driver, in her 40s, had rolled her Ford Ka on its roof and ended up down an embankment on an isolated country road in Clive, near Wem.

Sam and Emily quickly called for an ambulance to free the woman.

Trainee army officer Sam, who was walking Storm at about 11.20am last Tuesday hailed the hero dogs as real-life Lassies.

2. GingerRogers

GingerRogers PetForums VIP

:eek: wow if thats really true thats pretty incredible.

Not sure about the two strange (presumably) 'rescue dogs' looking at each other and going come on skippy lets save the lady :rolleyes: but a nice heartwarming story all the same.

ETA actually the way it reads the dogs may have known each other previously as they were the same age

3. tattoogirl73

tattoogirl73 PetForums VIP

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: gotta love the dobermanns:D so nice to read something positive about my favourite breed for a change. their behaviour doesn't surprise me though. opie alerted me to a fire in the field at the back of out house once, and that was at the far end away from us.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice