Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

dogs keeps vomiting

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by littledigger, Apr 10, 2011.

1. littledigger

littledigger PetForums Member

what should I do? we gave her a Drontal this morning so wondering if it is something to do with this. She is trying to drink walter but keeps bringing it back up. She is very quite with the odd moan.

Please help

2. SixStar

SixStar Banned

If she can't keep water down she needs to see a vet as a matter of urgency. Poor girl, I hope she's OK.

3. littledigger

I have just given her some more water and that is saying down. she is up and about a bit now

4. 912142

912142 PetForums VIP

Yep second that.

5. SixStar

SixStar Banned

OK thats good- keep a very, very close eye on her though. It's a warm day today and if she can't keep water down for any lenght of time she will get dehydrated and go down hill very quickly. If I were you I'd ring your emergency vet just incase, see what they say.

6. Helbo

Helbo PetForums VIP

Try some ice cubes. Maybe thats a way you could get water to your dog on such a hot day.

7. pearltheplank

pearltheplank PetForums VIP

Please do keep her monitered closely. My dog had a bad reaction to Drontal too and ended up in the vet on a drip. Fingers crossed for you that it may not be that severe

Is she mobile as normal? Or walking/behaving strangely?

8. littledigger

Hello all. Thank you all for your very good advice. you will be happy to hear that Danni, the dog vomiting, is up on her feet and seems to be much more mobile. she is drinking water well and keeping it down. she is lay next to me whilst i play the piano so i can constantly watch her.

thanks once again.

9. CraigDye1

CraigDye1 PetForums Newbie

Avoid grapes,onions, chocolate,raisins, avocados, alcohol, macadamia nuts, baby food,mushrooms, & coffee
    If your dog consumed in a large portion of any of these above items, you will need to contact your vet immediately.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice