Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dogs in cars...what you can do!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by JSR, Jul 3, 2009.

1. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

My mate at the RSPCA has given me this number, if you see any dogs left in cars during this hot weather no matter how long please call : 03001234999

They will take the cars reg and even if they are too late to attend (if the car drives off) they will log the details and take a visit to the offending moron. :D:D After the awful incident with the police the RSPCA are going to be extreamly high profile on this matter. Some good might have come from those poor dogs agony.

2. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

You should also ring the police, as they are the only ones with powers to access the vehicle. Members of the public and the RSPCA arent legally allowed to break into vehicles. If you smash someones windows, you are commiting a criminal act.

3. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

You mean the RSPCA is actually doing some work?! I'm amazed.

I can't believe its taken 2 dogs dying to make the world think about dogs and the heat!

4. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

The RSPCA will contact the police on your behalf. Many of us don't have a local police station and ringing 999 is NOT to be encouraged for this matter (as much as we obviously think it's an emergency). Windows have been known to be 'accidentally' damaged and the police don't seem to notice this.

If we all put this number in our mobiles it will make a difference.

#4 JSR, Jul 3, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2009
  5. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

Thats is very true Nonnie i was watching something not that long ago and someone had got the rspca out to a shopping center car park where there where to whippets in the boot of the car! They got there and the dogs where still alive they are not allowed to break into the car so had to call the police out by the time they got there one was dead!!:( :mad:
    imo the RSPCA should be allowed to, after all there job is to care and save animals in pain!

JSR-That is good that they are going to be taking it more serious and that people will be spoken to is they are stupied enough to take a dog out in there cars in this weather!:eek:ut:Just a shame it took the death of two more dogs before something was to be done :(

6. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Ive saved it.

My local cop shop is only manned by on foot coppers, and only during office hours and not weekends :rolleyes:

Tbh, i wouldnt hesitate to smash a window, as im likely to beat the crap out of the owner, may as well add criminal damage to a charge of GBH.

7. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

:lol: I have been known to cause a fuss myself!! My local Tesco's & Wilko's must dread seeing me!! I take down the reg's and make them call the owners over the tannoy!!;)

8. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

I've just found this on the RSPCA website,they advice you ring 999. first.:D:D
    RSPCA || FAQs

Nonnie likes this.
  9. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

In all honesty thats what i would do. The police are out to a scene much quicker, and are the ones that can actually do something. Switchboards filter out what is and isnt an emergency.

Plus it takes AGES to get through to the RSPCA.

10. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

:eek:ut: Typical RSPCA the advise the inspectors are giving out is to call the number they are giving out!!! :rolleyes: Mind you the police don't deserve any respect at the moment so if we bombard 999 they might get the message!!!

11. alphadog

alphadog PetForums VIP

I've saved that number and I'll call it if I need to, but if there isn't a quick response I'll ring 999 too.

Last week (not the heatwave) I asked the staff at Sainsbury's to call over the tannoy for a car with a GSD panting with no open windows, apparently the woman came rushing to customer services, asked if her car had been hit and then just carried on shopping. Wish I'd hung around to slap her face :mad:

Bump bump btw :)

12. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

I dont blame her, the dog probably spends hours in a week in the car and she knows it is ok. Not sure why she wouldnt open a window though, seems a bit mad. I usually leave my sun roof open if it isnt raining plus windows open and they havent been in the car the last few days as there has been no real need and it is too hot.

13. tinamary

tinamary PetForums VIP

I called into Asda a couple of weeks ago. It was a lovely day and the sun was shining. As i got near the entrance i could hear a dog barking and looked in a 4 x 4 to see an alsation panting and barking.
    I told the security guard and he said that he would contact the owners. I had my eyes tested and came back 35 mins later. The dogs owner was just driving away.
    Some people need a smack.

14. mickyb

mickyb PetForums Senior

Well am pissed off that you have to call the police first especially as they let their own dogs die in the car, I would smash the window and do the time just to say an animal, why don't people ever learn, I have told people who leave dogs in the car to let me hold their dog, while they sit inside with a coat on and the windows shut and see how they feel they always tell me to F off :cursing:

15. Matrix/Logan

Matrix/Logan PetForums VIP

I have saved the number!

I have to say when i recently had to report a neglect case to the rspca they responded that after noon and then rang me with the result so i can't fault them!

:D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice