Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dogs + housework = complete disaster!!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by JJAK, Jun 11, 2010.

1. JJAK

JJAK PetForums VIP

Thought id spend my day off doing the house work, however, the dogs are NOT helping!!

every time i put their toys away they get them back out, and insist on playing right by my feet,
    im trying to hoover whilst the russell attacks the nozzle (the collie gets into her bed when the hoover comes out, cause apparently its a big bad monster!)
    They stole my duster cloth when i turned my back for 30 seconds
    and theyve ran round that much it looks like iv done nothing cause theres blooming hair everywhere and footprints on the laminate where i mopped!

Theyll be the reason i go grey HAHA!

does anyone else have issues like this whilst trying to clean?

2. Jackie99

Jackie99 PetForums VIP

Yes everytime I brush up the dog just comes bolting in and runs through everything I have brushed up! Making me start from scratch once again!

Whenever I try to change my bed he decides he is suddenly very sleepy and will not budge off it no matter what tactic I try to move him!

When I have just hoovered he will find the most messy treat ever tucked away in the back of his bed and decide then his perfect to eat it and crunch it all over the freshly hoovered rug!!!

3. francesandjon

francesandjon PetForums VIP

Oh yes......

.....Koda has taken a dislike to the hoover (not sure why)......barks a lot at it....

He also likes moving the piles of his hair that has been swept up, and generally making a mess!

4. hawksport

hawksport Banned

I've got one that runs away from the hoover and one that insists on being hoovered with the uphoulstry brush

5. sue&harvey

sue&harvey PetForums VIP

Oh Harvey loves house work.... we steal the clean cloths, get inside the duvet cover, pulls the cushions off the sofa, and flips them around ("i'm plumping them for you mum" :D) attacks the brush or stamps his feet at the hoover. Helps to empty the bins, but forgets to keep it all in the bag. And the grand Finale of hanging on to the mop head while I clean the floor.
    Never seen someone enjoy cleaning so much :lol:

6. lauz_1982

lauz_1982 PetForums VIP

Sounds about right! lol!

Mac does the same with the toys - I chuck them in the crate and he drags them all back out again or shoves them under the shofa then scratches/whines to get them back - aaaaargh 'Mac, I do not approve of this game!'.

As for the hoover/static duster oh dear - Mac hates the hoover with a passion and barks at it constantly and he is not a big barker. When I put ito off he's fine and walks right up to it for a sniff. Hubby thinks he believes it's hurting me. I sat on teh floor and hugged the hoover while it was on and said 'nice hoover' - yes I'm crazy but that didn't work! He's terrified of plastic bags until I touch one (he doesn't do this with hubby) and he tries to attack it as he thinks it's hurting me. I try and reassure him with treats when he leaves it alone etc. He goes beyond crazy when the man from Asda delivery service arrives - all those plastic bags! Aaaaargh!

The duster is constantly attacked. When I spray the polish he runs away. As soon as I put the hoover away he's swished his tail and produced another big ball of fur. He jumps all over the nicely arranged cushions. Pokes his head through my now hair covered blinds - always having to pull hair off them - and dribbles and snorts all over my nice clean windows. He also peeks out when the window cleaner is there and gives his serious eye contact - the poor boy gets totally freaked out and he follows him to the other window too growling away at him. He's a total nutcase - Mac that is. The window cleaner thinks I'm the nutcase though but that's a whole other story!

Mud prints on the laminate and kitchen floor even on a dry day - how I don't know - I've given up trying to figure that one out! Housework will never be the same and my house will always look like I never did it now but I still love my big, hairy, muddy, snottery, dribbly boy!

Laura :)

7. JessiesGirl

JessiesGirl PetForums Senior

Jessie is pretty good with housecleaning. Mainly just follows me around in the hopes that I'll do something interesting!

We did get one scare though, which I will share as a caution to other owners. When she was still a puppy, she had followed me into the bath while I cleaned it. I was using a bleach-type toilet bowl cleaner, which I placed on the floor behind me. I turned around to see Jessie licking the nozzle!:scared:

After a few calls to Poison Control and the vet, everything was fine. But it was my fault. I should have anticipated that she might try to lick the bottle I had just been handling. So just a word of caution if you are using any chemicals in your cleaning! Keep them away from your dog's reach and keep the dog away from 'just-cleaned' surfaces, for safety!

8. JJAK

JJAK PetForums VIP

Well, i finished cleaning,
    went into the kitchen to do the washing up, forgot my mug so went back into the living room and lo and behold

Theres soil all over the floor!

How, i have absolutely no idea....for the pure fact we dont have a garden, we have a balcony, but there no soil on it! :confused1:

The border collie was quite happy sat there eating it, on my lovely just cleaned leather sofa, with nicely just washed cushion covers.

im not impressed at all.

Also, i tried to change the bed sheets, this is NOT an easy job, they both decided its time for a game of 'tug' when this happens, the little f**kers have now ripped a hole in my nice nearly brand spanking new cream bed set :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

#8 JJAK, Jun 11, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2010
  9. xxbailliexx

xxbailliexx PetForums Member

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

i'm sorry but i had to laugh at everyone of those replys.

baillie waits till i've brushed the floors then goes to sniff what i've brushed up then sneezes in it and blows it everywhere :)

sue&harvey i know what you mean about the stamping at the hoover :rolleyes: it takes me about 40 minutes to hoover 2 rooms because baillie stands and stamps in front of the hoover,if i try to turn away she just follows :)
    i have to clean the windows nearly everyday because she likes to lick them :confused1:
    if there is any washing left on the floor ready to be put in the machine she decides to lie on it and there is no budging her!!

it never occured to me that housework would become a military operation when baillie came to us :D its great though xx

10. Jackie99

Jackie99 PetForums VIP

Oh gosh that is the worse thing ever!! I try and buy balls etc that will not fit under the sofa as that drives me nuts constantly getting them from under there!!

11. JJAK

JJAK PetForums VIP

the russell has figured out his can fit behind the sofa if they roll to the very back so he torments the collie with them, then she tries to fit behind the sofa, but cant so tries to crawl under it, over it, even tries to dig through it!

mad dogs!!

12. JessiesGirl

JessiesGirl PetForums Senior

We used to have this problem when one of Jessie's toys would roll under the furniture.

I trained her to lay in front of the furniture when her toy had rolled beneath and then give a bark to alert me that she needed some assistance in retrieving it. It's worked quite well and there are no claw marks on the furniture! :thumbup:

13. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

Dillon just thinks it's a game I play just for him.:rolleyes:

14. theevos5

theevos5 PetForums VIP

Lol,this is just like our house,but did you forget the all important,getting the washing in off the line?whether is is dry or not and we have had a bit of clothes redesigning too,how to make a tshirt into a duster-by chewing a massive hole in it.

15. lauz_1982

lauz_1982 PetForums VIP

I know - he does it all the time! I bought him bigger toys but he can't carry them as easy so he gets the smaller ones back out again. It's not like he even drops them and they roll under - the little bugger sits and looks at me while he's pushing them under! If I ignore him the sofa gets scratched. If I get them he sticks his face under right beside me as if to day 'did you get it Mum?!' then I end up down on my knees with my arm under the sofa getting all his toys every 10 minutes! Drives me nuts!

Laura :)

16. sue&harvey

sue&harvey PetForums VIP

I knew I had forgotten something :rolleyes: This is his favourite way to help mummy, especially with my white wash. :scared: He does also like to make sure mummy sorts the colours properly, and steel the odd pair of undies, take them into the garden, play raggy with them then fling them over the fence. Only problem is our fence is next to the main walk way of the complex, and I don't always notice.... oh the shame :eek::eek::eek::blushing::blushing::blushing:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice