Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dogs for sale on facebook!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by jen24, May 5, 2010.

1. jen24

jen24 Banned

What does everyone think to this? it looks like its a relatively new group, but even so, i wonder how popular it will end up.

Welcome to Facebook! | Facebook

#1 jen24, May 5, 2010
    Last edited: May 5, 2010
  2. Daggre

Daggre PetForums Member

Not looked in detail. But I have no problem with dogs being ADVERTISED online, that's how we got Star. HOWEVER everyone should GO to the breeder and look at the puppies with their Mum. if you just buy a dog online without ever seeing it before, it could be from a puppymill or similarly mistreated. A dog should be SOLD with the breeder.

3. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

Not impressed:(

4. jen24

jen24 Banned

i have no problem with it being online, but i do think they should be advertised on a site specifically for the selling of animals, not a networking site. its a bit concerning to think who the dogs may be sold to.

i dont know, i just thought it was a little odd!!

5. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

Certainly not the first place i'd advertise my pups/dog, or the first place i'd look to buy one.

Strange!

6. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

I see no difference between dogs being sold on Facebook, Freeads, Gumtree etc. All are just forms of advertising and isn't that the whole point of breeding? To sell the puppies?:confused1:

7. RockRomantic

RockRomantic Gobsh!te

8. dimkaz

dimkaz PetForums VIP

not necessarily sell them....

9. jen24

jen24 Banned

i dont agree with selling them on gumtree or freeads either really. sites that are monitored for untruthful selling ect are ok. but facebook?! anyone could buy the poor things and anyone could be selling them.

it just doesnt seem right. like trying to sell diet pills at burger king. it just feels wrong to see it!

10. Mollydoodle

Mollydoodle Banned

WHAT? Swap dogs? now ive herd it all. so much for doglovers being nice peeple. goes to proof not all are.

11. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

Me neither which is why I find it quiet odd that people who do happily go out and buy puppies from breeders get upset over seeing them advertised on websites. How else are dogs to be sold? Word of mouth, adverts in the Post office? Buying and selling dogs is exactly the same as buying and selling any other product to alot of people so I'm not quiet understanding the moral stance of people who complain about the advertising methods of breeders. Surely an advert on Facebook or whatever is the same as a breeder advertising on Champ Dogs or via the KC? Whatever method is taken to sell the puppies as long as the vetting and handling by the breeder is the same does it really matter? 'Monitored' sites is BS as far as I'm concerned, I've known alot of puppy farmers who use them and get away quiet freely with lying, how on earth are they to monitor the written word when it can easily be lies.

Are we all pretending now that everyone breeds for the love of it or is it obviously agreed the majority of dogs sold are for profit? Top class breeders don't need to advertise and in a fluffy world everyone would be on a waiting list to a top breeder, happily hand over their huges wads of cash to the said breeder and get a very healthy, happy puppy but come on that's not what happens and we all know it.

I see absolutely no problem with people advertising dogs for sale on FB, people taking dogs off the free-ads or whereever and selling them on has been going on for years.

12. jen24

jen24 Banned

All very good points. just thought it was odd when i saw it on facebook!! :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice