Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dogs don't you just love 'em

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Happy Paws2, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

Well not when you've gone to bed. :mad:

Dillon went out for a bed time walk did a good wee and came home. 11.30pm at 12.20am he started whinging and whining so at 12.30 a put him in the garden and he did a small wee, went back to bed 1.00 he started again OH got up and Dillon was sat by the front door so OH got dressed and took him a small walk in case had wanted to do something else 20 minutes later a not so impressed OH came back all Dillon had done was jump put the church yard wall looking off squirrels a few marking wees and wanted to play. So back to bed and the whinging started again, this time I got up I didn't take him out just read a few pages of my book Dillon settled down and went to sleep so after about an hour I went back to bed, 10 minutes he started whining again this time he got told very firmly to shut up and go to sleep which the little b****r finally did grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

2. LinznMilly

LinznMilly Moderator
    Staff Member

Oh dear :(

I'd sympathise, but luckily when my dogs get me up during the night, it is because they need the toilet. I understand the whole getting coat and shoes on though, because Max just has to go for a full toilet break walk before he does anything other than scent marking. :rolleyes:

Milly got me up last night too but only the once, and went straight back to bed.

3. RockRomantic

RockRomantic Gobsh!te

That's sounds very much like Max! :( you have my sympathy, I feel like a zombie lately with how's he's been through the night, he whines and whines, goes out, comes in hour or so later whine whine, goes out, sniffs air comes back in....

4. Hanwombat

Hanwombat I ♥ dogs with eyebrows !!

Personally I would have just ignored him, hes just going to keep on whining every night otherwise.

5. LinznMilly

LinznMilly Moderator
    Staff Member

And what if Dillon (or Io in your case) actually did need the toilet? ;)

I know if I were to ignore Milly (or Max on the rare occasions he starts) I'd be cleaning something up in the morning - and that's another habit I'd rather they didn't start. :)

Especially since, when Milly needs out during the night, it's usually loose and very smelly. :rolleyes:

6. Hanwombat

True :D never really thought of that, suppose its hard as she may just continue to whine for the hell of it.

Io doesn't cry during night, any toileting she does on her newspaper, which in fact is hardly any :)

7. LinznMilly

LinznMilly Moderator
    Staff Member

Slightly O/T now, but are you house-training her, or are you waiting til she can go for walks?

It's just putting paper down can give them mixed signals. I used puppy pads to start with and it's probably why I'm still having problems with Milly's house training now. :rolleyes: :) She's fine during the day, but at night (like Io) unless she's in her crate, she doesn't howl/whine or otherwise let me know she needs out, so she still sleeps in her crate.

8. Hanwombat

I work full time so she will have to toilet in the house anyways, so when I am out she has learnt to toilet on the newspaper and when I am at home she does no accidents around the house and actually lets me know when she needs the toilet by standing by the door.

At night she has newspaper down for incase I get up to toilet her and shes done it already, I still take her out regardless.

9. Scabbers

Scabbers PetForums Senior

My dog naturally stops drinking about 10pm and eats dinner at 8pm.

He always goes for both pottys before bed.

whenever he whines I ignore it. He has never whined because he needs to potty. He just wants me up. So I ignore him.

Although just lately whenever he hears my alarm he starts whining the house down.

So its about 30 mins to 45 mins before I let him out in the morning because he doesn't shut up for less then 20 seconds.

I let him out he just hangs around me all morning for 20 mins so I know he isn't desperate......

Little sod

10. LolaBoo

LolaBoo PetForums VIP

The girls are pretty good they have there last wee just before we go to bed and thats them untill the morning Of course if they started having a whinge at night id have to take them out as it would be so out of character for them to wake, ive not really slept properlly past 10 days because Apple has had Kennel cough so have been constantly listening out for her

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice