Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dogs coping well!!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by PoisonGirl, May 16, 2010.

1. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Everything else just seems to be a stress right now and I totaly imagined the dogs getting stressed out and being extra hard work ontop of all we have. I mean, they are home most of the time but have a full day during the week alone (let out and looked after in between by next door) and at least 1 night and up to 2 full days being looked after somewhere else too. What kind of a normal dog can cope with being back and forth?

But they are doing SO well :D I only have to mention Hamish my dads BT and Dixie goes loopy! Ready to jump in the car (she hates the car) but also just as eager to get in again to come home.

Dave loves spending time with his brother and doesnt seem phased at all. Infact he would have rather went a walk with fraser and bully than come and 'get dad', we arrived home just as they were going out!

Even better than that Dave has been so good off the lead I can take him out without one now (when its quiet) he wont even go off the pavement and just keeps circling back to me (again, if I hear a car - and you can hear them miles before they get there - he gets the lead slipped on).

Dixie had a refersher in walking next to a buggy today my dads gf was babysitting and says she never walked infront or pulled once!

Im so proud of my pooches I think I better go and get them a nice bone tomorrow :D

2. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

Yep def get them a treat, they sound like they are very good dogs:D

3. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

Ahhh well done Dixie and Dave
    They are a credit to you

4. JimJamz

JimJamz PetForums Member

Glad to hear your dogs are coping well :) Treats all round I say. I think they sometimes just sense what's going on and adjust accordingly. Can't imagine what it must be like. Chin up :D

5. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Might be a bit of a test on Dave soon... when we move I dont really want him going with Bully anymore so I can get his training back in gear (they are useless) so Hopefully he will be staying sometimes with xxsarahpopsxx and her dog Geordie when me and OH are at the hospital :)

6. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

Thet sound like they are having a great time and getting lots of attention form lots of lovely people.
    Good to hear it's one less stress for you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice