UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a ford focus and i have to now drop the back seats for all my dogs to fit in :eek:
luckily there is never usually any back seat passengers!
luckily somebody hit my car back in Aug and wrote it off so i got a new one, just in time for my new additions! :)
i'd love a 4x4 but just don't have the money to run it! :(

what car do you have and do you fit all your in a-ok?
or did you have to upgrade when you bought your dogs?

my friend bought a new Subaru estate to make room for her new collie!

·
Banned
22,188 Posts
i'd love a 4x4 but just don't have the money to run it! :(

what car do you have and do you fit all your in a-ok?
or did you have to upgrade when you bought your dogs?
What makes you think you couldn't afford a 4x4/FWD if you already have a car? They're not all service station towing gas guzzling air polluters. Some are equipped with engines comparable to that of the average family saloon.

We have a 2.0 Subaru Forester FWD which adapts to accommodate the dogs in an instant. Two levers and Hey Presto! Plenty of room too. :thumbup:
For a vehicle that weighs almost two tons and has to carry two giants from time to time, it's quite economical on fuel. :cool:

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
I have a fiat scudo van which is great.It has two sliding side doors that i had opening windows put in. The back half has 2crates on the bottom with 3 on the top and a large area that the old Leo and colle travel in. The bottom cages take 1 collie with one of the cavs.Next door cage has 3 cavs and the top cages take 2 cavs each if needed. It drives like a car the only down side is that it only has the front seat which can take 2 thin passengers.Good on diesel but not the fastest but i dont drive that fast anyway

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I've got a ford mondeo estate, with Barjo gates fitted, there's loads of room for my two chows and a couple of their mates, and the back seats still free to pack any stuff I need to carry in it. THe mondeo back is huuugggeee!!!

That's the end of a wet dirty walk, they're not usually that manky hehehee

·
Registered
10,428 Posts
I have a Chrysler Voyager. I have had to take the single seats from the middle out and push the bench seat from the back forwards. Then I can get a big crate in the back. I really need a van as I can't get them all in. If I take the 2 big dogs then that is all I can get in the crate or I can get 6 whippets into the crate.

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
i have a peugot 207, which doesnt really have a dog friendly boot. it would probably be ok for kody, but not for skye. and defo not both!
if i have them in my car, they would be on the back seats.

my parents have a ford .... something...titanium? estate?
a big fancy black car :thumbup:
it has looooads of room in the back, the wee man in his crate and still loads of room for skye.

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
I'm looking for a new car, as I have a little Corsa. I can fit Holly, and her 2 cav friends in my boot, however we may be getting a bigger dog, so would need more boot space, as I need my back seats, as we normally have passengers.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
I have a fiat scudo van which is great.It has two sliding side doors that i had opening windows put in. The back half has 2crates on the bottom with 3 on the top and a large area that the old Leo and colle travel in. The bottom cages take 1 collie with one of the cavs.Next door cage has 3 cavs and the top cages take 2 cavs each if needed. It drives like a car the only down side is that it only has the front seat which can take 2 thin passengers.Good on diesel but not the fastest but i dont drive that fast anyway
hahahahahah this is our work van lol it would be a good dog transporter lol

·
Super Moderator
18,773 Posts
I've got a XC70 Volvo. While I haven't got the biggest dog in the world his crate takes up half the boot space, my ds plays cricket and has the biggest bag in the world to carry everything in and also we go away most weekends and no matter how hard I try packing light is impossible.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is my volvo has never let me down, always been able to get anything and everything in it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.