Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dogs being stolen in my area.

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Insane, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Insane

Insane PetForums Senior

Hi - I have received an email from a friend letting me know that dogs are being stolen in my area. This is what the email said.

I have just received this from Hazel Lindsey who would like the information publicised as much as possible for obvious reasons.
    Three dogs, an elderly Yorkshire Terrier, a puppy Labradoodle and a Labrador have been snatched on or around Ash Vale ranges in the last 10 days or so.
    Two men, driving a red van, are targeting lone women walkers with pedigree dogs.
    Sadly the Yorkie is 12 years old and on constant medication. His elderly owner is quite distraught,as you would imagine.
    The police have been involved and are asking that walkers do not go out alone.

Please cross post to any one you know who lives either near there,or surrounding areas,as the police think that the gang will now move on to another popular walking area.

For anyone in the Surrey/London area please take care.

2. *WillsTillsBills*

*WillsTillsBills* PetForums Senior

Thats awful! I always worry about walking on my own, just because you just don't know what idiots are out there!! Look after yourself and your dog! :)

3. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

Thanks for the warning.

4. Insane

Insane PetForums Senior

Thanks. It is worrying. I do most my walking at 6 am in the morning and Sid weighs 8.5 stone so I don't think anyone will be able to take him and hopefully he would scare anyone away from touching my terriers. The worrying thing is my 12 year old son likes to take out his border terrier by himself for little walks, so I will have to stop him from doing this.

5. *WillsTillsBills*

*WillsTillsBills* PetForums Senior

Its so sad when it has to come to things like this...I hope they find the dogs in the area, and these horrible men!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice