Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dogs and fleas.

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Ali89, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Ali89

Ali89 PetForums Newbie

Hi,
    My dogs never suffered with fleas. Always keep up to date with his treatment. Yesterday he had his drops between his shoulders and base of his tail. Later on we noticed that on these areas only there was some tiny black/Brown dots on his fur. I have looked through his fur, there’s nothing moving, he’s not itching and there’s nothing bothering him, which makes me think it could be as simple as bits of dirt. Just curious as to weather anybody else has come across this?

Thanks
    Ali

2. Twiggy

Twiggy PetForums VIP

I think you may well have answered your own question. It's very dry and dusty in most of the UK at the moment so if your dog went outside shortly after you treated him it could certainly be specks of dirt stuck to where his coat was wet.

3. Blackadder

Blackadder PetForums VIP

There's an easy way to check if it's just dust, collect some of the "dots" & put them on some damp kitchen tissue... if they leave a reddish stain then it's likely they are from fleas.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice