Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

dogs and councils rant sorry

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by emmakeo, Jul 27, 2009.

1. emmakeo

emmakeo PetForums Member

i have just been reading the thread about what dog breeds every1 had and i was just wondering how you got away with it with the council or is it just mine thats wierd i now have a jr but i had a jr akita and a neapolitan mastiff and the council made me rehome them because my neighbor said she is scared of them but they where great dogs and very friendly are the other councils better or is mine just on the side of the old people (no offence intended to any1 but my neighbor) who i happen to hate she complained about barking which is what dogs do she is a horrid woman and now i am worried to let my kids play in there own garden in case she complains about the noise its not right any suggestions on what i should do

2. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Never had a problem with my council.

As far as I'm aware the council can't do anything without proof and even then they send you letters.

3. emmakeo

emmakeo PetForums Member

oh yes they sent letters saying they where coming to inspect my house so i let them house is fine dogs were quiet so they went away neighbor complained again they asked me to come in and said that i have to get rid of the dogs or if there were any more complaints they would have to rehouse me and they also came round and looked in my garden and they said at the visit that i must have known they were coming because the garden was clean and the dogs were quiet so i said how am i supposed to know you were coming and that shut them up

4. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

That's strange. They came to your house and the dogs did not bark (which most do when a stranger comes) yet your neighbour complains with no evidence and they're telling you to rehome them? Smells a bit fishy to me to be honest.

We had the RSPCA at our house once because of a nosey neighbour. They came out, saw that nothing was wrong and they left us to it.

5. emmakeo

emmakeo PetForums Member

well yes thats what i think the council woman is her best friend and i don`t know what to do its making my life hell

6. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

If that is the case then you have grounds for complaint. The council as an authority can not be pally with anyone. They're there to do a job and should have no favourites.

My mother is very good friends with our towns mayor and her daughter who will be next years mayor (they live in my mother's street) but my mother would never be favoured over the rest of my town.

7. emmakeo

emmakeo PetForums Member

do you know who it is i can talk to

8. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

Was it not your dog that just had pups?? I have just replied to that thread, and you said they were 3/4 Neo and 1/4 DDB?

9. emmakeo

emmakeo PetForums Member

no not mine old friend of mine realy nice guy

10. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Complain that she is making false allegations about you?

my ex took our collie pup and there is a lady in the block of flats he moved to taht was like your neighbour. She thought she owned the bit!
    My mums bf also lived in that block and the woman was always complaining about noise, she lived below him and across from my ex.
    She complained she could hear my mums bf walking about! (in his slippers he was!) She told my mum she couldn't put her bike at the bottom of the stairs where no one goes, and that my mums bf wasnt alowed to use a certain part of the washing line in the shared garden! :eek:
    She complained about my ex and the council made him get rid of the dog.
    Well- actually they told him to stop letting her out the back to toilet and stop the constant barking. He was too lazy so he got rid.

How much were your dogs barking? I am soo careful not to let mine as it is SO annoying when someone elses dog barks. I have never complained, even though there are neighbours of mine who have noisy dogs. But I do make a point of shouting mine inside when they bark.

x

11. emmakeo

emmakeo PetForums Member

they only barked when someone came to the back gate and i always shouted them in when they started theres another thing aswell when i had all 3 dogs they would somtimes be sick now i only have the jr she is never sick and shes on the same food i have a strong suspicion that my nieghbor was feeding them bad or poisoned food

12. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

Oh sorry! lol!! I still really really want one..................;)

x

13. emmakeo

emmakeo PetForums Member

well they are for sale

14. raindog

raindog PetForums Senior

Unfortunately, councils work in the opposite way to our justice system. With councils, you are guilty unless proved innocent. Even when you are proved innocent, they just feel you are "lucky to have got away with it!"

We had an ongoing problem with a next-door neighbour who was constantly inventing noise nuisance complaints against our dogs - this despite the fact that every other neighbour in the street sent in letters saying that there was no noise nuisance at all. Finally, they thought they would be clever and catch us out, so they put noise monitors in his house 24/7 for 14 days. At the end of that time they had recorded precisely NOTHING and they gracelessly admitted that he had been lying. Was he punished? - No! Did we get an apology? - No!

Unfortunately, the majority of people working for council enforcement agencies are jobsworths/little Hitlers who love the control and power that their jobs give them (and I speak as someone who worked for local government for almost 40 years).

Mick

15. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

I wish!! lol!! I live all the way in the Channel Islands! I have to pre-plan everything, to get an animal form the UK :)

16. RowanWolf

RowanWolf PetForums Member

I would stick my heels in big time and start writing official complaints.
    No way anyone makes me re home my animals, your neighbour needs to be complained about imo.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice