Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dogs and chilli?!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Amelia M Richards, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Amelia M Richards

So i made a chicken biriyani today.. went a bit mad with the chillies and it was SPICY..so spicy that my boyfriend couldn't finish it and left his half eaten plate on the table (men:rolleyes: )
    And yep, you guessed it, miss Roxy went straight up there the second he went out the room and scoffed the lot.
    Now this is the same dog that throws up plain chicken..gets diarrhoea for a week if I dare stray from her grain-free, everything free food and turns her nose up at rice usually... how worried should I be?
    Any tips on preventing or treating the inevitable reappearance of said biriyani?
    Honestly it was so spicy..she was licking her lips constantly when I found her looking guilty outside the bathroom door (I was in the bath the whole time) but she had some water and is asleep now

2. Sarah H

Sarah H Grand Empress of the Universe

Oh dear...chilli is fine for dogs, but a bit like people, too much can cause...errr....problems...

Torin. and lullabydream like this.
  3. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

oh no:Nailbiting
    mop and bucket on standby?

4. Smalldogs

Smalldogs PetForums Member

Several of our dogs have eaten very hot chilli regularly with no ill effects. My son is a chilli addict, and nothing will stop him sharing it with any dog who wants it. Currently we have one dog who relishes it, one who refuses it, and one who is too young to be allowed near it (my son does at least accept that puppies need to be on a regulated diet). The one who relishes it has never had any ill effects whatsoever, apart from temper tantrums if my son doesn't give her enough.

lullabydream likes this.
  5. niamh123

niamh123 PetForums VIP

How is Roxy this morning hope she is okay:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice