Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dogs and cats in the heat

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ad_1980, Jul 4, 2009.

1. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

I know its been mentioned already in the dog health and nutrition forum but here's something else my sister sent me and i think there's a bit about cats too.

How to keep pets cool on hot days | Life and style | guardian.co.uk

I don't know what other pets it mentions i didn't go through all of it but thought i'd post it here - i'm not going through all animal forums!

2. 0nyxx

0nyxx PetForums VIP

Most of it is common sense but it's nice to see a paper actually printing a checklist/ advice list for pets in hot weather.

Iv'e kept all down stairs blinds tilted, & windows so far open (have 2 indoor cats so have to make sure they can't escape) also had 2 large fans on rotate going in the living room & in the kitchen, so it's cool indoors., & left one running all night where the dogs sleep.

Have also got 2 old kids calm pits I fill with water so they can lay in it if they want, & used the hose on spray too coll them too, because my 3 biggest dogs are black they've only been out 10 mins at a time during the day, but once it gets to dusk & it's cooler they come & go in the garden as they please.

The older 2 cats come & go as they please, but ive a shaded area at the bottom of my garden where it's cool they love laying under the bushes there.

Our 2 staffs have been much the same only out for 10 mins at a time, & kept coll under a fan, thankfully so far we've managed without too many problems Im just keeping my fingers crossed it doesn't get this hot again EVER !!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice