Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dogs allowed to be loose without owner

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by DogLover1981, Jan 8, 2012.

1. DogLover1981

DogLover1981 PetForums VIP

Would people just kindly stop letting their dogs run around loose? I was walking my dogs today and the whole time I was followed by another dog. So very annoying!!! :mad2: It's not strange to see a dog sleeping in the middle of a back road around here or even having your car chased by a dog. Though, I don't see dogs running around loose as often as I used too.

2. Malmum

Malmum PetForums VIP

Don't you have a local authority you could complain to? Over here we have local borough councils and dog wardens. I think you need to contact an authority in your area to see if they can help.

I do sympathise with you as we sometimes have problems with off lead dogs over here but they usually have an owner with them. A dog out without it's owner is thankfully something I have not seen round here in over ten years. :)

3. DogLover1981

DogLover1981 PetForums VIP

It's called animal control here and the animal control in my town doesn't always do much about loose dogs. If someone gets bothered enough by a dog, they will bring the dog to the animal shelter so the owner is forced to go to the shelter to get the dog back and pay a fine. I believe it would be legal if the dog was on my property.

#3 DogLover1981, Jan 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice