Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

dogmatic head collars

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by kate_7590, Nov 6, 2012.

1. kate_7590

kate_7590 PetForums VIP

any good?
    Iv tried haltis but find they tend to pull around to the side and go in their eyes.
    Simba has a canny collar but gets the nose piece off in a second so is pretty useless really.

I want a headcollar that they cant pull of their noses and they cant back out of....if there even is such a product lol

Sid- I know I bought a headcollar each off you but im afraid they really dont get on with them and go absolutely mad when they wear them :(

2. SLB

SLB PetForums VIP

Benjie hates his. It helps OH's Mum walk him though without having to deal with his lunging. But I'd go for a black dog head halter or Martingale type halter over a dogmatic anyday. They may work for Big dogs. Plus they look pretty stupid on dogs smaller than a Dane IMO.

3. ballybee

ballybee PetForums VIP

I have a dogmatic for Tummel and love it, he's very comfortable in it, the nose piece can't ride up and it's really not going to come off if you get the right size :)

4. cravensmum

cravensmum PetForums VIP

I love them,highly recommended.:thumbup1:

I bought mine one each when I got Flint last year as having 2 pullers was a bit too much.

They didn't seem to mind them too much and they worked a treat.

I have now sold on both of mine only because Flint doesn't need a head collar and Craven only needs one in certain situations so I just keep a halti in my pocket.

5. kate_7590

kate_7590 PetForums VIP

Whats a martingale headcollar?

6. lozzibear

lozzibear PetForums VIP

I would always recommend a dogmatic. Jake had a gentle leader, and he hated it! He accepts the dogmatic far better than, he doesn't love it but he deals with it... and he actually walks! He wouldn't walk with the gentle leader because he was constantly rubbing it with his front legs!

7. SLB

SLB PetForums VIP

Martingale head collars are the ones that fasten behind. Like Sid's design.

These days I put a slip lead in a figure of 8, and put it on that way - works just the same and the dogs don't mind it. Works well if I'm caught out on a walk too.

8. Freddie and frank

Freddie and frank PetForums VIP

I use one on frank and it's made our walks enjoyable again.
    It doesn't ride up or into his eyes and he doesn't try to get it off.
    I phoned up and gave them his measurements and they sorted out correct size for him. :D

9. MLB

MLB Guest

I bought one of these DOG TRAINING HEADCOLLAR HALTER LEAD *ONE SIZE FITS ALL* | eBay For Chaos when he went through a stage of pulling and I found it brilliant. It didn't ride up at all and he didn't mind wearing it unlike the halti and gentle leader which he always tried to get off. I was worrid the rope would rub and be uncomfotable for him but its actually quite soft and he wasn't bothered by it at all.

10. ozrex

ozrex PetForums VIP

Rex has a Black Dog head collar and it's brilliant. He like it too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice