UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently dog sitting for a client who's RR puppy (now 27 weeks) I walk every day. I obviously spend quite a lot of time with her and she always greets me with a bit of a grumbly woof in the mornings, but I've never noticed how chatty she is! For the past 2 days, she has not stopped grumbling, yipping, woofing and generally chatting with me.

Just wondering if this is a ridgie thing- I don't think the other 2 I walk are quite so noisy, but as they are boys it might be a girl thing! My 2 dallys are pretty talkative, but nothing compared to her!

·
Registered
39,229 Posts
Kilo is always chatting away - if something needs to be said (or even doesn't :rolleyes:) he'll say it! Settling down to sleep is a particularly noisy time; work colleagues used to call him Chewbacca due to the the noises that used to come from under my desk!! The other RR at work used to be the same as have all others I've met - a very ridgie thing I think. I love it :).

·
Registered
39,229 Posts
Rex talks all the time, too but only to people he knows. Tess never says anything.
Hmmmm.....has anyone but you heard him talk out loud? :yikes: :p.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I love it too! I'm always chatting away to the dogs- at least now it feels like someone's answering me!

This is her a couple of weeks ago- I swear she's doubled in size since then!

·
Registered
39,229 Posts
I love it too! I'm always chatting away to the dogs- at least now it feels like someone's answering me!

This is her a couple of weeks ago- I swear she's doubled in size since then!

She is gorgeous - talking with head tilt combined and head all wrinkled has to be one of the cutest things ever!! Does she do a funny noise and a 'snap snap' when you ask her to do something that she doesn't agree with? Lots of RR pups I have met do what it is that you have asked of them but register their displeasure that way as they do it!!

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
She is gorgeous - talking with head tilt combined and head all wrinkled has to be one of the cutest things ever!! Does she do a funny noise and a 'snap snap' when you ask her to do something that she doesn't agree with? Lots of RR pups I have met do what it is that you have asked of them but register their displeasure that way as they do it!!
Yes! Quite often at the mo- going through a cheeky stage!

·
Registered
39,229 Posts
I've met several chatty RRs, including a Ridgeless girl who would "sing" when she realised it was walk time!
Kilo 'sings' at some of his favourite toys and when he wants fusses :001_wub:.

·
Registered
463 Posts
She's beautiful. I remember my friend's Ridgie used to do a "rowrowrowrow" grumbly noise when he was talking.

George only talks to me when he's tired and he can't get comfortable. Eventually sprawling on my sofa and kicking me in the face, usually. Sends him straight to sleep. :rolleyes:

SJ

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
hahaha bruno and i had a ten minute 'conversation' because i wouldn't let him up on the couch.

i love the wee funny noises he makes grumbling around the place- love a chatty dog :)

nice pics and nice thread

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.