Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dogless and other RR owners!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Pet Services Kent, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Pet Services Kent

Pet Services Kent PetForums Senior

I am currently dog sitting for a client who's RR puppy (now 27 weeks) I walk every day. I obviously spend quite a lot of time with her and she always greets me with a bit of a grumbly woof in the mornings, but I've never noticed how chatty she is! For the past 2 days, she has not stopped grumbling, yipping, woofing and generally chatting with me.

Just wondering if this is a ridgie thing- I don't think the other 2 I walk are quite so noisy, but as they are boys it might be a girl thing! My 2 dallys are pretty talkative, but nothing compared to her!

2. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

Kilo is always chatting away - if something needs to be said (or even doesn't :rolleyes:) he'll say it! Settling down to sleep is a particularly noisy time; work colleagues used to call him Chewbacca due to the the noises that used to come from under my desk!! The other RR at work used to be the same as have all others I've met - a very ridgie thing I think. I love it :).

3. ozrex

ozrex PetForums VIP

Rex talks all the time, too but only to people he knows. Tess never says anything.

4. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

Hmmmm.....has anyone but you heard him talk out loud? :yikes: :p.

5. Pet Services Kent

I love it too! I'm always chatting away to the dogs- at least now it feels like someone's answering me!

This is her a couple of weeks ago- I swear she's doubled in size since then!

[​IMG][/IMG]

6. pogo

pogo PetForums VIP

I met a chatty ridgie once :) he was GORGEOUS!

staffs are another VERY chatty breed :rolleyes:

7. Pet Services Kent

I walk a staffy cross and he does this half bark/half howly thing when he's excited- it's awesome!

8. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

She is gorgeous - talking with head tilt combined and head all wrinkled has to be one of the cutest things ever!! Does she do a funny noise and a 'snap snap' when you ask her to do something that she doesn't agree with? Lots of RR pups I have met do what it is that you have asked of them but register their displeasure that way as they do it!!

9. Thorne

Thorne PetForums VIP

I've met several chatty RRs, including a Ridgeless girl who would "sing" when she realised it was walk time!

10. Pet Services Kent

Yes! Quite often at the mo- going through a cheeky stage!

11. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

Kilo 'sings' at some of his favourite toys and when he wants fusses :001_wub:.

12. Rah

Rah PetForums Senior

She's beautiful. I remember my friend's Ridgie used to do a "rowrowrowrow" grumbly noise when he was talking.

George only talks to me when he's tired and he can't get comfortable. Eventually sprawling on my sofa and kicking me in the face, usually. Sends him straight to sleep. :rolleyes:

SJ

13. Julesky

Julesky PetForums VIP

hahaha bruno and i had a ten minute 'conversation' because i wouldn't let him up on the couch.

i love the wee funny noises he makes grumbling around the place- love a chatty dog :)

nice pics and nice thread

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice