Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Doggy wake up calls

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by emilylp, Aug 14, 2009.

1. emilylp

emilylp PetForums VIP

wondering what time everyones dogs / puppies wake up and if they start barking or howling ect ect to let you know
    :D

2. Cassies-mum

Cassies-mum PetForums VIP

licking my face ;) oh and 8am dead on/

#2 Cassies-mum, Aug 14, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
  3. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

If the dogs are sleeping downstairs (they have only been in the bedroom because Dave was neutered) they just wake up whenever we get up. If something wakes Dave, he barks. Not repetitively, but one bark, then 30 seconds later another bark. That is his ''I really really need to pee'' shout.

x

4. TabbyRoad

TabbyRoad Banned

Everyone will have different experiences. Our puppy slept through the night from day 1. Never a peep out of her until we went down to her. Now she sleeps on the landing outside our bedroom. My girlfriend gets up at about 6am and Mabel more often than not will open an eye, say Hi Mum and flop her head back down. She loves her bed but onces she's awake she's awake for the day mostly.

I know 2 of her siblings were nightmares as far as sleeping patterns went. They were waking at 4am for weeks. One still wakes at 5am at 2 years old.

You just don't know if you're going to get a puppy that sleeps through the night or not until you get him/her home. You just have to be prepared for all eventualities.

As you're not getting a dog for a year or so you have plenty of time to practice waking at 4am :D

5. Bex190

Bex190 PetForums VIP

I ended up sleeping downstairs on a cot bed last night as Otto was a bit ill in the night. I was woken up at six this morning by two front paws being slammed onto my head. Apparently he was feeling better!

Normally I let him out at 11.30pm, 4.30am and get up at 7am when he whines but he's not needing the 4.30 one as much now so hopefully I'll be able to drop it permanently soon.
    He's 11 weeks now and has gradually improved to this point from his first week when he needed to go out every 2-3 hours.

#5 Bex190, Aug 14, 2009
  6. Jekka

Jekka PetForums Junior

Our dog is last to wake up in our house - but when she was younger, our indication she wanted everyone to get up was scratching at our bedroom door. When that yielded no results, she would headbutt the door to try and open it. Then we'd hear the scrabbling of paws on laminate flooring as she did some weird comedy-style run-up to the door, slammed her whole body into it and we'd find her in a slightly dazed heap outside by the time we got up to open the door.

Still, 10 out of 10 for effort...

7. emilylp

emilylp PetForums VIP

awwww thats so cute :D

i dont usually go to bed till 3 LOL

8. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

My two sleep in every morning, lazy devils they are lol, Teds going to have a shock tomorrow tho hes got to be at hydrotherapy for 7.30;)

9. emilylp

emilylp PetForums VIP

hahahah aww, he wont be pleased by that at all will he

10. cav

cav PetForums VIP

mine get up when i get up about 7-8:D

11. MerlinsMum

MerlinsMum PetForums VIP

Mine usually gets up when I do but if I sleep in I first hear him trotting up & down the hall. Then I hear a quiet uff. About 30 seconds later, a more insistent Uff. Followed by UFF and if that's ignored a very firm UFFF!

He can also tell if I'm pretending to be asleep.:eek:

Edited to add, he's probably saying UP! but has a lisp.... lolol

#11 MerlinsMum, Aug 14, 2009
  12. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Mine are a nightmare for getting up in the morning.

I will get Oscar to the landing, then he will lie down. I'll get him down the stairs, then he will get in the bed in the kitchen. Then ill get him in the garden, and he stills prefers to roll on his back rather than wee.

13. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

Same as ours..they will stay in bed till we get up.They are as good as gold..
    But as soon as some one starts to wonder around they need to go straight out for the toilet! :)

14. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Mine must have huge bladders. Alfie will always have a good mooch for catfood before he even gives peeing a second thought.

15. SEVEN_PETS

SEVEN_PETS PetForums VIP

Ollie goes to bed at about 10pm, and get up at about 6am, and he's done this ever since he was a puppy. He's always been very good during the night. You usually find him sitting and waiting for you in his crate at 6am, but he doesn't bark or howl to get your attention. If he hears you moving about upstairs around 6am, he will start whining, but that's it.

16. flynnsmum

flynnsmum PetForums Member

From the first night of having Flynn he would have me up about 2-3 times a night for a wee. A couple of nights ago he went out for the last time at 11pm and has gone throught til about 6am. :) He sleeps in the kitchen/dining room and lets me know it's time to get up but his whining. Sometimes at 6am I can sneak another hour in bed but seeing as I'm usually up for work around 6.30am it doesn't seem worth it other times.

17. Spaniel mad

Spaniel mad PetForums VIP

My big dogs will get up when i get up. They are really good

Pups currently get me up at around 130 and again at 530. They whine at the door which wakes me up

18. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

hehe..Ours have to go straight out for there toilets..Fable (the italion spionie) can hold it a while..Its a right mare at the minute because we have girls in season so have to take them out in shifts all girls first then the boys..Girls first as the boys seem to hold it longer! :rolleyes:

19. Mese

Mese PetForums VIP

anytime between 7 - 8 am here , usually its Gypsy that jumps on me wanting her walk , and she doesnt quit bugging me til I get up , lol

20. Savahl

Savahl Guest

busters crate is in our bedroom, i get up at 6:30, he wakes up with me when my alarm goes off and will whine once awake, I let him out, feed him, then he goes to sleep on the OH til 8 lol

Weekends he will still wake up at half 6 and whine to get out the crate - once out he will sleep on the bed with us til we get up!

#20 Savahl, Aug 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2009
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice