Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Doggy sulks

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by rona, Jul 16, 2009.

1. rona

rona Guest

What makes your dogs go into a sulk?
    With Alfie it's when we are on a couple of our regular walks and he wants to go to an area where he knows there are rabbits, if I take a different route, he will lag behind and look crestfallen.
    If it's Muddy, it's when he doesn't get his dinner as soon as he gets back in the evening. I've never seen a dog sag so much, his ears are down, his head is hanging so that his nose nearly touches the ground and he is hunched like a little old man :lol:

2. Bex190

Bex190 PetForums VIP

With Angel it was making her actually obey her commands. When she was playing fetch my parents would let her get away with spitting the ball at their feet but I would refuse to throw it unless she put it in my hand. I would be telling her "pick it up" and she would keep picking it up and spitting back onto the floor until eventually she would put it in my hand. For the next ten mins or so though, all I would get from her would be chuntering and muttering allmost under her breath. That dog knew how to through a tantrum!

3. Natik

Natik PetForums VIP

Lol... i had to think of cobi straight away. :D

He gets into such a huff when he has to go to training without me and maya and only with the oh ....
    He must smell it or something but when i plan to stay at home (had to when maya was in season) he was sitting like an abandonded dog in his cage with head and ears down and wouldnt react to OH calling at all and those eyes...omg. And everytime OH came in to get him he run to me and sat by my legs and refused to move :D

OH said that on this occasions cobi wouldnt even look at him or make a noise the whole journey to the training ... and thats an hrs drive lol :D

4. bird

bird PetForums VIP

Mostly my boys a happy little soul, however every now and then I miss time the walks and he misses his playmates, you can see it in his face one place by the pond he dashes here and there stopping and looking around and if noones there he slopes off in a huff doesnt even want a dip himself :(

5. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

We put down a bit of sausage for Buster it was a treat I kicked it by accident he gave me the most horrified look I've ever seen and sulked until we threw a tennis ball for him.

6. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

With Shen it's being told he can't eat something

7. Ty-bo

Ty-bo PetForums Senior

Ty hates being made to go for a pee in the rain, he stands by the back door with his head and tail down then turns his head really, really slowly to peer back over his shoulder at us :rolleyes:
    Funny though on walks-he goes out of his way to find water!!!

8. Ducky

Ducky PetForums VIP

bailey sits and hides under the dining room table and sulks after he's had his ears cleaned. he also sulks if he doesnt get to come up on the couch for a cuddle!

9. Nina

Nina PetForums VIP

Luika goes into a sulk when he cannot stand next to his girlfriend in training classes.

On one down stay, he was deliberately put at the other end of the group. The whole class roared with laughter when he very slowly started edging across to meet her :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice