Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Doggy parts

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by SpringerHusky, Apr 19, 2011.

1. SpringerHusky

SpringerHusky PetForums VIP

So Sevenpets thread reminded me of a friend before she moved away said she couldn't own a dog with a curly tail because she'd hate seeing doggy bits.

Fiance works in a dog day care and boarding facility so they often bath som of the dogs, it's got to the point that many of the staff get him to do it because they don't want to clean doggy bits, even the sheath.

People down the park tell me the same they try to avoid touching their dogs bits.

Is it just me and my fiance that just really aren't bothered by 'em? whether it be un-nuetered males or just everything else? My uncle never was and said most people who show dogs are not, I don't know anyone that does ringcraft dog shows to ask so i'm asking here :lol:

2. metaldog

metaldog PetForums VIP

I'm not bothered either...it's only like changing a kids nappy!

3. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

I don't like seeing 'plums' they just look untidy :p
    And pencil sharpener bums make me giggle :eek:
    Although both of mine have tails that go up.

As Metaldog says everything else is just like looking after a baby or kid.

4. BenMac

BenMac PetForums Senior

No...can't say that it bothers me either way. Although I have been used to cleaning my geldings sheaths, so anything smaller than that wouldn't phase me :D

To me it's just another aspect of personal care...I'd get to grips with "bits" as quick as any other parts that needed my attention.

5. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Ergh, I hate seeing big, dangly bits on a short haired dog. Esp on uppy tail dogs...its like they're flaunting them!!LOL:D
    I try and avoid Adams boy bits in general coz he is long haired and tends to get wee on it.:rolleyes: But when its bath time everything gets a good scrub regardless of what it is. Although I actually think girl bits look quite cute..:eek:

6. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

They don't bother me and yes I do check for any signs of pus etc during the weekly health check no handling involved. I can't understand why people are so freaked out it's like the mothers that get their husbands to clean their baby son's bits

7. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

Doesn't bother me although Bumbles uber hairy so you can't see anything anyway :lol:

xxxx

8. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

unfortunately Percy has both blackheads and unwanted hair on his bits so i have no choice but to attend to it. :) .oh and I set him up on the table holding his balls ! ! :lol:
    i do find Girlie parts much more neat. And happily trim willows for her :)

9. Maiisiku

Maiisiku Banned

Doesn't bother me, I mean for crying out loud I've spent the last 8 and a bit months with Yuri and his legs spralled open on the livingroom floor, how could I care? You just get used to it and yes I've had to clean an overly poo bum before in the past. It's just the same as I would for my human baby, except I know she hasn't been sniffing other dogs butts !

10. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

Not at all, although I am a nurse and have seen plenty of peoples' bits, some of which are infinitely worse that a dog's :eek:.

It's hard to mind when you are assisting your dog with a 'dangleberry' as he has eaten long grass ;).

11. BeagleOesx

BeagleOesx PetForums VIP

Doesn't bother me at all, just like sorting out a babies bottom really. I have Willow who is ultra hairy and always check she is clean and then there's Harvey who has the best beagle bum ever - everyone laughs at him as he walks past with his flagpole tail waving in the air and wiggling his bum:lol:

12. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

Doesn't bother me but then again I used to have horse and work with show ponies so had to do it then even with the stallions.

When Simba has one of his silly don't want to be touched days on the table at shows I stand him up and if he messes about I do hold his rather large plums. He then has 2 choices stand still or bark in a very high pitched bark:eek:

There is a woman who shows whippets who is obsesses with the size of Simba's plums she says she has never seen a dog with such big ones.Mmmm if only there was a class at crufts for the dog with the biggest plums maybe we would win:D:D

When you are used to a dog with plums this size you soon learn to ignore them
    [​IMG]

13. Milliepoochie

Milliepoochie PetForums VIP

Haha this is such a funny thread.

Well both Makita and Millie have tails which are naturally held up so it bums galore when we go walkies. :D

Millie makes us giggle as she has a tan bottom from her rottie markings and when she walks down the street I swear she struts on purpose. My OH always pretends to kick her up the bum as we walk and she on purposely walks in front of him prancing! :D She knows she has a cute bum!

Makita is quite hairy so his plums are white and fluffy :D. It doesnt bother me at all though, getting quite used to him rolling around and lying there with his legs wide apart haha :eek:

It does m ake me giggle though, everytime they go in the garden to play Millie haways has to check between his legs! He isnt fused by her bits but she is obsessd with his plums! :D

14. pinklady

pinklady PetForums Member

Mine both have pencil sharpener bums!!!! tails constantly up. Mitch has had his man bag removed but you couldnt see them anyway due to all his fluff. Chi Chi has her bits hidden too at the minute seeing as she is only 5 months but im sure they will make an appearance soon!!!! My friend has a EBT and he makes me laugh because he looks like he has a bag of marbles between his legs!!!!!

15. cavmad

cavmad PetForums VIP

It doesnt worry me at all but as puppies they always seem to have wet willies and you have to me more careful when blowing raspberries on there tums!.The only thing i dont like is sometimes when dogs get older they seem to dangle (gravety taking effect) and i think that is ugly especially if they swing around when they run looks uncomfortable.

16. quequeg1988

quequeg1988 PetForums Member

doesn't bother me either, im not gonna stop my doggy lying on his back to hide his bit's from people who don't like them (not that i have a male but i did) and i agree on the whole getting daddy to change his son's nappy, :rolleyes:: been there done that LOL

17. NicoleW

NicoleW PetForums VIP

When I bath Duke I make sure I clean and dry properly around his bits. He had puppy permiditis (sp) when we got him and he was red raw around his bits from where he was biting and nibbling. Luckily when we got him castrated early, he had a cone on so he couldn't get at it and it healed up. But I find that if it doesn't get washed around there and his St. Major, he itches more so I do tend to clean that area at least twice a week. Normally with just some warm water, bit of soap, cotton wool if I don't want to bath him

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice