Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Doggy dreams

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Beth78, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Beth78

Beth78 PetForums VIP

What does your dog dream about?

When their little legs are kicking and they do little yelps and growls.

With Whisp I think she is dreaming of chasing a big fat rabbit or maybe next doors cat.
    And when her tail starts wagging I'd like to think she's dreaming of our little play/training sessions.

Jason25 likes this.
  2. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

That's something I miss, I loved watch Dillon sleep and watch his big fluffy paws flapping around and his tail wagging like mad.

Jason25 likes this.
  3. JoanneF

JoanneF PetForums VIP

Ooh, good question.

With T I'm sure chasing small furry things is involved.

That tail thumping in their sleep is a joyful thing to see.

Jason25 likes this.
  4. Sarah H

Sarah H Grand Empress of the Universe

Apparently they dream about us?? I'm sure mine dream about chasing things...

Jason25 likes this.
  5. JoanneF

JoanneF PetForums VIP

I'll take that :)

Jason25 likes this.
  6. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Jack’s definitely chasing something small and furry :)

He yelps, whimpers barks and even growls.

He runs in his sleep, wags his tail and kicks the living daylights out of me more often that not! :D

Jason25, margy, DaisyBluebell and 3 others like this.
  7. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

The boxers dream the dreams of nonsense I think. Lily used to always howl in her sleep it was so sweet.

Jason25 likes this.
  8. Torin.

Torin. PetForums VIP

I've only caught Cad twitching in his sleep once or twice, usually he's curled up and super still.

Jason25 likes this.
  9. ForestWomble

ForestWomble PetForums VIP

I like to think Bungo is running through the grass and having a good roll too.

Jason25 and Lurcherlad like this.
  10. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Moderator
    Staff Member

I suspect most of Bobby's dreams are food related.:rolleyes: He's actually a very peaceful sleeper. The only active sleeper we've had was Tango, she was just as lively asleep as awake, yipping, tail wagging ,paws twitching... and then the snoring !

11. jetsmum

jetsmum PetForums VIP

I think maybe Jet dreams about playing with squirrels, chasing them around the garden or round the fields near where we used to live. He really gallops along sometimes, and looks so cute lying on the sofa or his pillow snoring his socks off with his little legs going like the clappers :D

He also sometimes seems to go all ferocious guard dog, baking and growling, it can sound a bit scary! The funny thing about that is, I've never heard him growl like that in all the time he's been with me, not once, but in his sleep he'll go crazy. It doesn't happen often and he doesn't seem distressed in any way, so maybe he's just pretending to be a Rottie like his best friend was?

Jason25 and ForestWomble like this.
  12. Pretty sure Nova dreams about chasing a ball and rolling in the grass :) sometimes she whines in her sleep and it sounds so sad - always check if she’s actually asleep or awake.

Jason25 likes this.
  13. Jason25

Jason25 PetForums VIP

I think daisys dreams are about stealing food, defending food and eating food :D she barks, growls and yips in her sleep with added facial spasms and leg twitches :Hilarious

About a month ago I was asleep with daisy on the end of the bed to be woken to a long high pitch whine. Scared the life out of me I didn’t know what was going on, turns out she was dreaming lol sounded like a bloody alarm :Shifty:Shifty:Shifty

14. DaisyBluebell

DaisyBluebell Earth, the insane asylum of the Universe

Emma is sqwirrel chasing, nose twitching first followed by legs running or back legs kicking as she takes off as only a lurcher can then small yaps. Sometimes she must catch one (which she has done) then we get the thumping tail wags. Love watching her when she does it.

Jason25 likes this.
  15. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

My current two do not seem to dream. I am sure past dogs have been rabbit chasing.

Jason25 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice