Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

doggy confidence..

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by mstori, Apr 10, 2011.

1. mstori

mstori PetForums VIP

okay, so not exactly dogs having confidence but humans.. I have been suffering from alot of health problems and it got to the stage where I was not wanting to leave the house. Since getting Reuben, I have been popping out with him in my arms (til he has had his 2nd injection) and I seem to have found a new confidence! People come over to chat, and I chat to others with dogs too.. its a bit like when you first have a baby.
    Has anyone else found they have been able to do things they would not normally, since getting their dog or other furbaby?
    Tori x

2. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

That's why they use dogs as assistance dogs for people that have panic attacks etc. They really help boost confidence and calm you down. I find myself able to talk to people no problem if they're with their dogs and I have Buster which I would struggle to do normally.

3. mstori

mstori PetForums VIP

It makes a lot of sense that they would use them for people with panic attacks, I never thought about it. One of the reasons we got reu is because since we have not had a dog my health has got worse. Im sure it is connected.

I hope people do not think im weird when i just start convos with them about their dogs, cos if they saw me out shopping or something, I just keep my head down :D

4. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

Most people I've met out with their dogs are happy to talk about their dogs. There are people with agoraphobia that can only go out of their houses with their dogs

5. louise5031

louise5031 Guest

Yes, dogs are a great conversation starter. Most dog walkers say hi or stop for a little chat, especially if you have a puppy with you. The excuse to get out is also a confidence booster if you're feeling a bit nervy... and the exercise is always great for body and mind. :D

6. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

If we ever bump into you on the beach you can talk to us as much as you like :D

Em
    xx

PS you're right - I honestly wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Bumble xx

7. mstori

mstori PetForums VIP

thats so true! i have days where Im in so much pain I wouldnt get dressed if the pup didnt need to go out and once you get out it does make you feel better, even if it isnt far.

8. mstori

mstori PetForums VIP

If it wasnt for my dog Naz (rip) I wouldnt be here, literally. Its amazing how a ball of fur can change your life so much :) x

oh and i will hold u to that.. haha

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice