Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

dog worms

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by dippa, Nov 5, 2014.

1. dippa

dippa PetForums Newbie

Hi
    new to this forum so me and my new puppy (cobi) would love to say hi :) now to the point I woke up this morning to my puppy pooing in the room which is out of character for him.. but in his poo was blood and from what I undetstand roundworms. Now yhe dog is visiting the vet today so he is sorted. But what I want to know is me and my wife have had upset bellies for last few day and worried now that if dog got worms we may have. Could anyone tell me of anyway I could find out if we have.

Thanks again
    simon and cobi

2. smokeybear

smokeybear PetForums VIP

You can take your concerns to the doctor and he will either prescribe something for you and/or ask for a stool sample.

3. dippa

dippa PetForums Newbie

Thanks for quick reply.. I think we will have too. Is upset bellies a sign of worms??

4. shirleystarr

shirleystarr PetForums VIP

Not sure if an upset tummy is a sign of worms to be honest I remember having worms when I was a child but did not have an upset tummy Worms are very easy to get rid of both in dogs and in humans Have you seen any worms when you go to the toilet ? I would try not to worry too much most puppies are born with these worms medication from the vet sorts it in no time

5. dippa

dippa PetForums Newbie

thanks guys you all been a great help and im sure ill be visiting alot as me and my puppy grow together :)

6. Little P

Little P PetForums VIP

Or you can get something OTC from a pharmacy (probably much quicker if anything like trying to get an appointment with my GP!)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice