Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dog with fleas

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Majestic_arrow, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Majestic_arrow

Majestic_arrow PetForums Junior

hello all.
    I hope I've posted this in the right section, if I haven't, I apologise and could a moderator redirect this to the correct section.

I'm looking for advice, last night we believe one of our dogs has contracted fleas from an unknown source. She has been on walks (obviously) but hasn't come in contact with any other dog. Last night we put her in the bath and maybe we saw about 20 come off her. She's been nuzzling her back end by her tail and yelping now and again (since last night)
    We are buying flea treatments today for her and our other dogs.

Does anyone have any advice on how to deal with this situation? How do we treat our home effectively?

I suffer from anixety and the thought of these little beasties is very hard to bare. We feel so isolated and alone :-(

Any advice is welcome.
    Many thanks

2. danielled

danielled Guest

This is human health but don't panic, I have asked one of the mods to move it for you.

3. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Moderator
    Staff Member

Now moved to correct section.
    You would do best to get flea treatment from your vet. Shop bought ones are at best useless, at worst dangerous.My own vet recommends Stronghold which seems to work well - it's a spot-on.
    You also need to treat the house , spray every where with a product such as Indorex, RIP Fleas .The vet can advise you on that too. And vaccuum, vaccuum,vaccuum. This will pick up any eggs or larvae before they develop into fleas.
    I know a flea infestation can make you feel dirty and helpless but it can happen to the best of us ! I hate them myself but once yuo've got them under control you'll be fine.

danielled likes this.
  4. danielled

danielled Guest

Very well said.

SusieRainbow likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice