Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dog Waste and Me

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by doglover94, Aug 14, 2009.

1. doglover94

doglover94 PetForums Newbie

Hi there!

I have a 6 year old Golden Retriever whom I can't stand picking up waste for anymore whilst we're out walking...

Does anybody on this forum have any ideas, techniques or product suggestions that allowing me to avoid this gruesome task every day?

Cheers,
    J

2. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

No.

You have to do it.

3. TabbyRoad

TabbyRoad Banned

This is a wind up if ever there was one.

4. nope sorry

You could try a pooper scooper to give you more of a barrier between poop and you

You could teach your dog to poop on command at home in your garden so poo picking becomes an every other day task

You could look at your dogs diet and see if improvements can be made that would enocourage less poop production

BUT

At the end of the day you have to pick up the poo

5. doglover94

Not really...

I just figured if that some people would be able to give helpful advice and would be able to discuss about techniques that particular people have developed to manage with the pretty unpleasant job.

Thanks for being so helpful! :smilewinkgrin:

6. well my technique involves a pocket full of nappy sacks - the biodegradable ones

Bag inverted over hand

bend down pick up poop

pull bag down and around closed hand effectively trapping the poop

tie a knot with the handles

place in nearest poop bin

simples!

7. TabbyRoad

TabbyRoad Banned

I guess I just never saw it as unpleasant and am shocked you said you can't stand doing it anymore after 6years. That's very strong wording.

8. doglover94

That's not a bag idea! (See my little pun there! Okay, not funny.)

I've been look at a few products from a Google Search and have a found a few things... How about this? Dicky Bag - the Ultimate Dog Poop Bags

Seems to take the mess out of carrying a bag full of poop to the nearest doggie bin.

9. doglover94

Sorry... I didn't mean to offend.

10. TabbyRoad

TabbyRoad Banned

[​IMG]

11. TabbyRoad

TabbyRoad Banned

Excellent explanation but is there any other way to do it? :confused: Isn't that the ONLY option? Am I being tremendously thick?

12. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

Looks like a clever bit of self advertising to me.;)

13. doglover94

I woudn't say that's the only option, given that you can buy special tools such as that aforementioned bag.

14. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

I'm surprised after 6 years you've suddenly become offended by your dogs waste.
    I don't find it messy or inconvenient to carry my dogs waste in poop bags - all poop is secure inside the bag until I get to a bin or home.
    Try feeding a better quality food - I feed Burns complete and my dogs have firm small poop that is easy to pick up.

If you have difficulty bending down you could try one of these Company of Animals Arms Length Dog Poop a Scoop Pet: Amazon.co.uk: Garden & Outdoors

#14 Fleur, Aug 14, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
  15. doglover94

I have always hated having to pick up the mess - But, I have always ensured that it does get picked up as nothing's worse than stepping in somebody's irresponsible mess that they've left. You've got to weigh up the responsibilities and joys of ownership...

16. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

I was going to mention burns, i hated it before burns now i dont mind at all doesnt feel like your picking up poo and hardly any smell

17. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Nothing better than picking up some steaming hot turds on freezing cold, frosty morning.

18. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Muksaks are better and far cheaper.

Muksak Results Page

19. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

I just came in to check my pms as i have told some people to pm me.

the OP's idea of the dicky bag sounds good. Shame it £19 for a large bag though....i don't like the idea of the Muksak Nonnie because it looks huge while its a good carry on option it wouldn't be suitable for a person like myself.

Hon PM me and tell me how good or bad whatever the dicky bag is...i might be tempted to buy one myself because i hate having to carrry around the poop bag in the park. Stupid council haven't put enough poop bins around our park - idiots don't seem to realise we walk our dogs in more than one area of the park!

20. JuNeil

JuNeil PetForums Member

QUOTE=Nonnie;885537]Nothing better than picking up some steaming hot turds on freezing cold, frosty morning.[/QUOTE]

Made me laugh this:thumbup::lol::lol: I have the winter to look forward too. Haven't been through one with our new pup yet!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice