Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dog wardens councils etc..

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by momentofmadness, Jan 27, 2012.

1. momentofmadness

momentofmadness PetForums VIP

Well this week one of my neighbours lost their 5 month old staffy pup..

They came round to see me with posters and to ask what they could do.. So I gave suggestions like dog lost etc and facebook and told them to go to the council kennels.. and check i said don't give a description and accept there answer I said tell them you want to check.. (having had previous dealing).

Well they went the kennels showed them the poster and they said the pup wasn't there.. So next they rang Cheshire dogs home.. They said they would ring them back later as the dogs hadn't all been reg in yet or arrived etc..

Well half a day of them panicking and running round like complete lunatics looking for their pup they get a call from Cheshire to say they have just received the pup from the council kennels..

They shoot up there and low and behold their is Dave..... Turns out Dave had been at the council kennels since 10:20pm the previous night about 45 mins after he escaped.. He was found in the next close to where he lived and the warden took him from their when they were called out.. ..

So when my friend was at the council kennels poor Dave was sat their waiting.. And they new.. Now because Dave had been sent to Cheshire they had to pay to get him out over 60 quid.. Cheshire dogs home said if the council had released him first thing this morn when they originally went, there would of been no charge..

And there goes my faith in council kennels and our local dog warden again!!!!!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

2. Staffx

Staffx PetForums Senior

I often worry this is what happened to Major, he went into Manchester dogs home as a stray and he just seems too good of a dog to have been chucked out, I often think how sad his owners must be if this is the case.

However saying that I have never attempted to see if this is true and never will as he is mine now and no-one is having him back!! :p

3. theothersparticus

theothersparticus PetForums Senior

That's awful!! Makes you think the council get some sort of kick-back for sending the dogs to the dogs home :mad: Also shame on Cheshire Dogs Home charging £60+ for holding a puppy for all of half a day that they knew would be collected soon!

At least the poor puppy is home but he should have been back sooner :(

4. momentofmadness

momentofmadness PetForums VIP

I have no faith in the wardens of Warrington.. I told the story of the Lab I found last year.. I rang the warden but then shot the vets it was chipped so the vet located owner, the owners father was going to collect the lab as owner was going on hols and didn't live in warry dog was chipped to manc.. well the dog warden swooped in even though I rang them and told them they didn't need to come as we had located the owners. and the warden told the vets if a dog is reported to them then by law they have to take it.. so.. By the time the owners dad would have got the vets the dog would be gone and he would have a nice bill.... :angry:

Same happened to my neighbour when they found the white staff.. they said they would happily keep hold of it.. and if no owner was found keep her forever.. and the dog warden swooped in again.. :rolleyes:

And then there was the case with our own dog when I was younger and an few other local peoples dogs including a death and blind aged GSD that had apparently escaped the garden and ended up at the council kennels.. I wonder how that dog got out of the 6' fenced off garden..

Our dog was found there at least 3 times and each time my mum bought new bright yellow name tags for the dog.. We had a 6' wall round our garden but we kept finding her at the council kennels.. People believed we had a rogue warden getting them out the gardens especially seen as it would be impossible for some to escape..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice