Dog Walking - Help starting up

Discussion in 'Animal Jobs & Working with Animals' started by ChrissyMax3, Jul 13, 2017.

1. ChrissyMax3

ChrissyMax3 PetForums Newbie

Hi - I am in the process of starting up a Dog Walking business and have would like some help and tips to get started. I was going to join NARPS but thought would wait and see how it goes first and sign up later if needed. The main thing I need help with is the Contract and Forms side. Initially I would use Facebook and local shops, vets etc for advertising - Chris

Kady Jackson likes this.
  2. Nathan Leighton

Nathan Leighton PetForums Newbie

Hi, i own Washington Dog Walker - Go For Walkies and find i get the most business via my website and a company called Bark, they are really good, although it can get very frustrating when you are paying per lead and the people are just enquiring, but thats part of the business! I haven't joined NARPS, i haven't seen the need to, but if you would like your criminal record check, its the easiest way to do it, but i have only been asked about mine once, and still have it from my old job. I also try to build up a network of pet services, such as groomers, sitters, doggy day care, so that what ever i get asked i have a number i can give, and where possible i get an agreement with the other business for them to do the same.

Kady Jackson likes this.
  3. Kady Jackson

Kady Jackson PetForums Newbie

Hi my name is Kady. I would love to walk this dog as I am very good with dogs. And I am also looking for a job to be a hard outstanding student. I am 13 years of age. Please get back to me if u can offer this job