Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dog walking business question. New client. Infectious dog

Discussion in 'Dog Walking' started by Dogs11, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Dogs11

Dogs11 PetForums Newbie

Hi I’ve come across a new issue with my pet care/ dog walking business and would love advice/ thoughts from other people experienced in the industry please? :)
    I have a new client- a puppy and I’ve been told he has been diagnosed with an infection- camphlybactor- he is not cleared to mix with other dogs for 4 weeks- I would just be giving him solo visits and walks at his home but I’m worried about the risk of transferring the bacteria (contagious to other dogs and people) to my other canine clients. Shall I cancel my services to this puppy owner for 4 weeks or is this excessive and should I just continue and just exercise good hygiene? Thanks

2. rona

rona Still missing my boys

Check with the puppies vet

Torin. likes this.
  3. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

You would need to be very very proactive if you are going to carry on seeing the pup. I would think that to be totally safe you would need to either change your clothes or put overalls on when you see the pup and have disinfectant at your car to clean your boots and hands before going on to another client. It is very infectious to people as well as animals so personally I would rather not go near it.

Torin. likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice