Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dog walking business advice

Discussion in 'Dog Walking' started by Saloosarah, Sep 11, 2019 at 10:27 AM.

1. Saloosarah

Saloosarah PetForums Newbie

Good Morning,

I am wondering if anyone can give me some advice about dog walking as a business?, I have rececently purchased a van, insurance is being sorted along with CRB check and just applied for a dog first aid course.
    Is there anything else that experienced dog walking professionals think would be useful?
    I've drafted up a contract but am aware that sometimes things do not become prevalent until you actually start the job so was wondering if anyone again who does this as a profession has any useful pointers to add to my contract information?
    I am also curious as to how people deal with a situation in which a dog is injured or becomes ill in your care, Do you have an agreement with the owner to take it to their vets or otherwise.

Really grateful if anyone could give me some pointers on the above.

2. rona

rona Still missing my boys

If a dog is very ill and I can't get hold of the owner instantly, then I take the dog to the vet. I've never had an injured dog but would do the same.
    You need to gather all veterinary information before walking a dog.
    If I am sitting with a dog while owners are away, then I always get them to inform the vet and give me permission to make decisions if they cannot be reached

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice