Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Dog walker starter

Discussion in 'Dog Walking' started by SmartPetServices, Jun 13, 2018.

1. SmartPetServices

SmartPetServices PetForums Newbie

Hiya, I am launching a dog walking & pet sitting service, I understand that I can walk up to 4 dogs at a time, what is the best way to do this?
    I know there is a special lead that you can get that allows you to combine the 4 leads into one, what is this called please & where do I get it from?
    Thanks

2. Seonag

Seonag PetForums Junior

The number of dogs you can walk at one time will depend on your insurance company and your local authority. Six is the normally for both although some insurance companies allow 8, most local authority that quote a number is 6. It takes time to build up enough clients to get a group walk unless you are able to buy an exsiesting company. Personal I would settle for 4, as it's a nice number, and if you have too many you'll struggle.

3. Sarah Willcox

Sarah Willcox PetForums Newbie

Hello, I'm looking in to starting my own dog walking business and was just curious about whether I need to get a license if I'm just taking one or two dogs out at a time? I've read so many different things and I'm just getting confused.

Tia

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice