Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Dog walker caught on CCTV hitting dog

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by kimthecat, Jan 9, 2019.

1. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

:( Poor dog . The owner checked their footage after a change in behaviour of their dog .

https://www.real-fix.com/animals/pr...ng-clients-dog-when-she-refused-to-sit-still/
    This shocking footage shows a professional dog walker attacking a three-year-old boxer in its owner’s own home.

Jacqueline Wilkins, 46, is seen striking Bella the dog twice behind the neck with her right hand when the animal fails to sit still while having its harness removed.

The bad-tempered walker can also be heard repeatedly shouting at the dog unaware of CCTV cameras inside the sitting room of the owner’s property.

Wilkins can be heard shouting, ‘You’re not doing as you’re told, are you?’ and ‘Do you want another smack?’ when the pup would not stay still.

2. Teddy-dog

Teddy-dog PetForums VIP

Awful isn’t it!

Puts a bad name to the profession :( I love it when I turn up and a dog is so excited to see me, can’t imagne what possessed her to act like this.

Poor dog... the walker is not that far from me either :(

3. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

Ah I can't watch awful person.

Bugsys grandma and kimthecat like this.
  4. Teddy-dog

Teddy-dog PetForums VIP

I saw if a few days ago as it’s doing the rounds on Facebook. It was really hard to watch how terrified that poor dog is :(

kimthecat likes this.
  5. JessandJackson_x

JessandJackson_x PetForums Member

The posture of the dog / size reminds me of my Jackson and really bought a tear to my eye - an angry one. Look at the little baby cowering away from her.

She should loose the privilege to EVER be near, let alone own a dog, AGAIN!

I swear to God if I had CCTV installed and my dog walker was doing that, I'd tie her up and beat her with my boy's harness.

6. Siskin

Siskin Look into my eyes....

I read about this today, but hadn’t seen the video which is just awful, poor dog. The body language of the dog was as clear as a bell despite the distance, yet this stupid women couldn’t see it. She’s damn lucky the dog didn’t bite her whilst she was manhandling her, then I suspect she would have blamed the dog for attacking her out of the blue. So lucky there was a camera to record events

7. Kim Watcham

Kim Watcham KIM N ARCHIE

kimthecat likes this.
  8. rona

rona Still missing my boys

I wish all people checked on their walkers more. I've seen too many bad ones :(

I cry silently for those dogs every time I see something, I wish I knew who their owners were.
    There seems nowhere to report the walkers to :(

9. Teddy-dog

Teddy-dog PetForums VIP

I think walkers should be licenced just like boarders and day care... I guess it wouldn’t stop this behaviour but perhaps it would stop people who weren’t 100% committed

10. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

And thats why I could never use a dog walker! Im sure most of them are good but Id always be wondering about if Id gotten one of the really bad ones.
    She def deserves what she got and I dont believe it was 'a moment of madness' as was stated in court...I think that kind of casual violence towards dogs is still more common then we'd like and Im sure she probably reacted the same with other clients too.:(

kimthecat likes this.
  11. Rosie64

Rosie64 PetForums VIP

That poor pup is so terrified, that video made me cry
    Things like this are really worrying to me , I am looking for someone to walk Chip at the moment,
    I am NOT a people person as it is and things like this make me even more wary of trusting my boy
    to a complete stranger . But I am getting desperate , he can not stay in the garden for the next 8 /10 years
    the only other option to a dog walker is re - home and that would break my heart and just the thought of
    it brings me to tears but may be the only resolution left to me if I can't sort something out soon
    I have to put Chip's well being first before mine .

12. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

I feel your anxiety I felt sick at the thought of trusting someone with my boxers but I can just sense the way they are with her she is kind they are so happy to see her. She fast tracked lily to the cardiologist at her vets. I think you can learn to trust.

13. JoanneF

JoanneF PetForums VIP

Please try not to be disheartened - I'm sure people like that are in the minority. The right person to help you with Chip is out there, and even if it takes some time to find them Chip will be happy with you playing in the garden for now if necessary. Big hugs.

14. StormyThai

StormyThai Moderator
    Staff Member

I couldn't watch the video after the first few seconds...that poor dog and I really feel for the owner too :(

One thing that my owners love is the fact that their dog gets excited at the sound of my name...I would be mortified if any of "my" dogs acted as scared as this boxer :(
    I hope that this makes owners check up on their walkers more often...

kimthecat, SusieRainbow and rona like this.
  15. rona

Trust your gut and Chips instincts and you won't go far wrong, recommendations and references can only be taken with a pinch of salt.

If you cannot pick a walker for Chip, how on earth would you choose a new home?

He will be far better with you without a walk than anyone else in the whole wide world.

HE LOVES YOU

16. rona

I have one that isn't pleased to see me :(

He a Chi and doesn't like walks...........however, when I take him back home, we do hide and seek with a few tiny treats and he loves me then :D

17. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

Exactly this I can tell they are happy to see her. When lily saw her at the vets she was so excited. I didn't know you walked dogs as well I wish I could spend all day with doggies.

kimthecat likes this.
  18. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

I was going to say this from reading your and Chips journey I think he would choose staying with you every time.

19. StormyThai

StormyThai Moderator
    Staff Member

Best job ever :D
    48421724_10156798870731163_3726509145805815808_n.jpg

20. Rott lover

Rott lover once you go black and tan you never come back

cant and wont watch...........All I can say is this was my house and my dog I would go to jail.

Boxer123 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice