UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my labrador who i have had for 3 years has recently started to act aggressive. i got another dog earlier this year which he is fine with but my sister got a pug recently and she leaves him at my house during the day and my labrador acts very aggressive towards him, growling and snapping everytime he comes near him, and today my neice who is the pugs "mum" sat near my lab and he snapped at her and shes only 7, he also snapped at me earlier today

·
Registered
66 Posts
Have you taken him to the vets? Sometimes dogs can become stressed if they feel unwell, and this can lead to aggressive behaviour.

Has he been attacked by another dog while out on a walk?

There could be so many reasons for this behaviour, it's best that you see a professional.

·
Banned
691 Posts
Have you taken him to the vets? Sometimes dogs can become stressed if they feel unwell, and this can lead to aggressive behaviour.

Has he been attacked by another dog while out on a walk?

There could be so many reasons for this behaviour, it's best that you see a professional.
i cant say anything more useful that what border collie here has said. :thumbup:

best get him checked to see whats going on ;)

·
Banned
4,651 Posts
some dogs can have problems with there thyroid gland and need medication to help keep them calm .best thing for you to do is go to the vets and have a check up just to make sure everythink is ok:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.