Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

dog training programme

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by junemzo, Jan 3, 2008.

1. junemzo

junemzo PetForums Newbie

Does anyone ever watch ceasar from usa the dog trainer..hes brilliant..its on every day between 6-7pm very interesting ..:)

2. Vixie

Vixie PetForums VIP

yes I watch that I love it :)
    he is very good with both owners and dogs, its very interesting.

3. RustyB

RustyB PetForums Junior

I watch it too, pity he lives so far away otherwise I would be giving him a ring!

4. jeanie

jeanie PetForums VIP

Hi, i watch him every night i think hes great , i too wish he was over here , he does things so quick when i try them with my 9 mths pups they dont work for me though, lol,

5. Jenny Olley

Jenny Olley PetForums VIP

Don't forget he is an extremely skilled man, so makes difficult things look easy.

6. junemzo

junemzo PetForums Newbie

Nice dogs you have there. lol and he is skilled (ceasar) maybe we should get skateboards and a bike, imagine taking 6 dogs out at once, 1s quite enough hehe..

7. ellie_w

ellie_w PetForums Member

i love watching cesar (i have to sky+ him every day now lol)

have also just pre-ordered a book by him that comes out next month :)

8. bullbreeds

bullbreeds PetForums VIP

He's great. If anyone out there hasnt seen his programme yet you have to watch it! :)

9. Brainless

Brainless Guest

I know in some training circles some people see him as harsh in his methods (TV editing doesn't help).

I think his methods work well, but for those who are less forceful a few of the techniques could get them into trouble with an adult dog that has been allowed to get too high an opinion of itself.

I think a NILIF Nothing in Life is Free program initially would be safer as it is non confrontational. the owner then gains confidence and is more able to then become a more effective leader as Milan advocates.

10. Tweedle Dee

Tweedle Dee PetForums Member

I walk 5 of mine togeather (3 on leads) to pick my kids up from school...thats on foot though, i dread to think where id end up if i were on roller skates or a bike LOL!!! :D

I think he is fab and base a lot of the mentallity of his technique's on training our gundogs.

11. Alexa

Alexa PetForums Newbie

"Put an End to the Stress and Annoyance of Your Dog Behavior Problems!"
    Do you want a well-behaved dog? Do you have a generally disobedient dog? Does your dog embarrass you in public? Are you sick of excessive biting, barking, whining, etc Are you sick of dealing with dog aggression issues Do you want to know how to fix virtually any dog behavior problem Or, perhaps you just want the best relationship that you can possibly have with your dog...?

SitStayFetch is the easiest system to follow on the market today for learning how to train your dog and change its behavior. It is jam-packed with information, including how to solve over 25 dog behavior problems, real-life case studies, the best dog training techniques, unlimited dog behavior consultations with the SitStayFetch team, loads of photos that will boost your learning AND step-by-step instructions... all within one instantly downloadable package.

Over 53,487 dog owners worldwide, have used this unique course to fast-track their dogs learning, while having loads of fun in the process. It is time for you and your dog to join the campaign.

Check out my signature below for more informations.

12. Nina

Nina PetForums VIP

Cesar Milan is a guy that actually gets inside the dogs head.

He has obviously studied wolf behaviour since he often refers to 'pack mentality'. He uses natural methods, hence receives amazing results.

I have worked with many famous behaviorists over the years, but I have to say that Cesar is by far the most outstanding.

I have already contacted his centre since I would love to attend one of his work shops, but with his media/rescue and rehabilitation work, he has little time.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice