Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dog toothpaste

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Sarah69, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Sarah69

Sarah69 PetForums Newbie

My vet has said my dog should have his teeth brushed 3 times a week or use dental sticks. ive tried 2 different brands of these and hes not interested. Can any1 tell me where i can get toothpaste from thats not gonna cost a fortune. Sensible replies only please. Thanx

2. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

I use one called Verback enzyme toothpaste, they both love it. I paid £6 a tube.

3. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

What about a bıg raw meaty bone or some raw chıcken quarters twıce a week?
    :)

4. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

mine get that, but with them being small dogs I use the toothpaste as an extra in the hope they never get bad teeth throughout life.

5. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

Understandable
    Especıally lıke you say wıth them beıng lıttle dogs
    If ı ever get my Chınese crested I would also
    Ive been lookıng at those lıntbells sılver teeth cleanıng thıngs they look very good
    Do we know what breed the op has?

6. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

I dont have a clue to be honest. I use one of those little green pads with some tooth paste on for Ziggy as he dosen't like a tooth Brush, Pip however is brilliant will just sit their and let me get on with it bless him.

7. Lyceum

Lyceum PetForums VIP

VetUK seem to have a range of dental products

Pet Dental Care Products from Vet UK for Healthy Happy Pets

Although I can't actually believe the vet recommended dental sticks, they do the dogs teeth zero good, there's not enough to them to actually clean the teeth.

Dogs clean their teeth properly by tearing meat from bones, so as well as the tooth paste I'd say try him on raw meaty bones once or twice a week, if he doesn't have them already.

8. Sarah69

Sarah69 PetForums Newbie

Thanx everybody!

9. xliljanex

xliljanex PetForums Member

my dog hates the toothbrush and i cant get it anywhere near her mouth.... tried to get her used to it but so far it hasnt worked :rolleyes:

10. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

My lot have raw bones once a week. There teeth are lovely and clean. Before they started having them their teeth were horrible.

A friend suddenly started getting extra bones when she got bones for her whippets she got a couple of nuckle bones for my big dogs. Now she gets me a back of nuckle bones and a load of meaty lamb bones every week. They know when it saturday and start whinging when they hear my phone ring as they know once it has rung I'll go out ,come back and they get bones. :thumbup:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice