Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dog survives being trapped for 3 weeks.

Discussion in 'Pet News' started by Nonnie, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

2. Badger's Mum

Badger's Mum PetForums VIP

What make's you think it's a gamekeeper of the landowner:confused:. If was then the police would have charged them:rolleyes:

3. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Who else is going to set a fox trap? 99% of vermin is killed by landowners and gamekeepers. No one else would have a reason too. Plus if its on private property, its the landowners responsibility.

I would hope that its being investigated. but most likely as there will be no evidence or proof, nothing will be done.

4. Badger's Mum

The only fox trap's in use round here are used by british rail:rolleyes:. most land owner's and gamekeeper's shoot them. glad the dog was ok though, I thought trap's had to be checked every 12 hour's not 24:confused:

5. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Where i grew up they shot, trapped, and snared them. Depends on how much land, and the individuals involved.

The law states traps and snares have to be checked once every 24 hours. Both should be banned imo.

British Rail use traps as they relocate the animals.

6. Badger's Mum

The chap round here who work's for br relocate's them to rainbow bridge. The shoot's round here have rough shoot's so there would be no point trapping the fox, Bacs recermend trap's should be checked at least twice aday. Have to say poacher's have been known to use them to catch Badger's!

7. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

I have a feeling most "relocated" animals are relocated to a hole in the ground.

Every 12 hours is great. Sadly whoever set this trap was and still is, a cruel moron.

Dont get me started on badger baiting :mad:

8. Badger's Mum

Nonnie they baite me all the time on here:D. Don't thing any trap's should be used. even 12hr's is too long to leave an animal to suffer! Never have and never will use a trap.

9. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

My old cat used to get stuck in one constantly. We had to get the gamekeeper to stop using them (plus he didnt check them often). Then he used to trap magpies, crows and other corvids, and because he used to use a live bird to encourage the others into the trap, my cat used to get in there aswell.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice