Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dog spirit..please help

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by baseballnorth, May 13, 2010.

1. baseballnorth

baseballnorth PetForums Newbie

Hi,

I have spent lots of time reading about dog spirits and I've heard of the rainbow bridge. But I am confussed and really upset.

Our Black Lab Thunder was just PTS last night, and I have beena wreck. I really hope there is a after life for dogs and I pray to God he is ok.

Last night, I was very upset so I went for a walk around midnight. I was upset because I asked for a sign that my pup made it ok and he was ok. I never got that sign. I went for this walk and started to cry and prayed to God once again, it was a windy night and all of a sudden I heard wind chimes ringing. I've always heard when chimes ring, and angel has gotten it's wings. So I thought maybe that was the sign he is ok and felt so happy. Because of this, I have decided to not play baseball this summer. While I was on the walk I just happened to look for some reason to the right, and sitting beside a car tire there lay a baseball. I was shocked , could this be my pup telling me he didnt want me to worry and to play ball? I started to second guess it and as soon as I did the wind chimes started going again.

Is this a sign my pup is at peace?

I have also read people have experienced there pet in their homes still. It has only been one night but, I have not experienced him.
    I am worried, that maybe he is not ok? I'm very confussed and wish the best for my dog.

I dont know what to think at this point, I just hope his spirit is safe and not lost.

If any of you can maybe try to shed some light on this for me I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks so much for reading.

John

2. serpentseye

serpentseye PetForums Member

don't worry, he's fine up there. He's skipping and playing and having a great time.

#2 serpentseye, May 13, 2010
    Last edited: May 13, 2010
  3. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

Hi

Firstly welcome to the site although sorry it is in such sad circumstances.

I lost my greyhound 7 weeks ago to bloat. When he was first taken from us things happened that had never happened before. We were sitting watching the TV when suddenly something fell down the chimney. We've lived in this house for 10 years and never before heard things falling. We have heard him barking he is still here with us he didn't want to go when he did but it was decided his time had come and there was nothing we could do.

I spoke to his breeder a few weeks ago and she tells me William's dad was in her paddock with her other greyhounds a few days earlier. Tariq had gone to the bridge 12 months previously.

Yes I do think the base ball was Thunder telling you not to give up playing. He wouldn't have wanted you to do that.

He will be waiting for you at the bridge with all the other bridge pets for you to join him just as I know William is waiting for me.

Never does a day go by when I don't still think of him and I have shed many a tear for him. I know he will be with me forever in a special place in my heart. He will never be replaced there will never be another dog like him he was my special boy. Thunder will be the same for ever with you in your heart always with you in spirit.

4. Nina

Nina PetForums VIP

Animals are never lost, for there spirit is always alive in our hearts, minds and thoughts :)

5. Emraa

Emraa PetForums Senior

You shouldn't give up playing ball, your pup loved you a lot and would never have wanted you to give up something you enjoy.
    Thunder will be having a great time being a pup again I am sure, getting up to all kinds of mischief!
    He will always have a special place in your heart and you in his :)

6. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

Welcome and I am so sorry it is such a sad one.

I cant recount my experiences, they are wonderful and I will get upset.

Believe in what you see and feel - cherish it. You may be willing it to happen and perhaps expecting it too soon. Try to take each day and happening as it comes.

These experiences give me comfort and keep me going. If it is all in my head - then so be it. They give me comfort and that is all that matters.

Lots of love and hugs to you ((((((((((((((((xxxxxx))))))))))))))))))))))

7. Horse and Hound

Horse and Hound PetForums VIP

Never lost a dog but the first pets I remember losing were my guinea pigs. Sweep died of a bad cold one winter when he was 5 and we lost Sooty 4 years later. That was bad enough, but I lost a horse, Rosie, a few years back to "old age" (she got colic and it was too much for her, she was nearly 30 after all!)

Its heartbreaking. I'll never forget seeing Rosie when she had gone. I stayed in the stable for a good 3 hours afterward with her, just laying with my head on her neck.

Harry, me other horse, was stabled right next to her and for that reason half the stable wall was a strong wire mesh so they could see each other and the likes as Harry doesn't like being on his own. Whenever I go to get my other horse, Harry,out and walk him past Rosie's stable and stops. There's a new horse in there now, but its as if he's looking past her and into the corner where Rosie always stood "talking" to him.

I also swear I've seen her in her favourite place in a field and then blinked and she's vanished. Not a ghost as such, just me remembering she's still with me.

I've only had Rupert 2 weeks but I can't imagine anything happening to him so feel for you.

8. Zippstar

Zippstar PetForums Member

I truly believe there is a special place after death where our pets play and frolic and forget/are free from all the pains and stresses that haunted them in this world. Even pets who aren't loved; the strays, those neglected, they go there too, because every animal is innocent - even a dog who bites isn't doing it maliciously, and is welcome to live on in the afterlife the same as the others. Those pets who have had loving owners; I think they can see us, when they choose to, and they will wait until we come to claim them again after we die, but in the meantime they want us to be happy in the same way we were happy when they were with us, and if for you that means playing baseball, then please continue. Some people call this place Rainbow Bridge, some people call it Heaven, and there are many other names, but I honestly believe that whilst you keep your pet in your heart and remain their owner, their mummy or daddy, then they will be with you for the rest of your life.

Hope you can find peace John, and you know where we are if you need to chat. Feel free to send me a PM too. :D!

RIP Thunder! I hope you make friends with my Ben up there, he'd have loved a black lab to play with :)

9. EmmaSmith

EmmaSmith PetForums Junior

I believe our precious babies have somewhere to go. We lost our cavalier Zac, 7 weeks ago at easter weekend. I still hear him bounding around upstairs. I can still smell him. I know in spirit he is still with me.

Two weeks ago we went to see a cavalier puppy. Not to replace my beautiful Zac, but to fill a hole in my heart. I wasn't 100% about going to see the pup as I felt it was too soon, and felt extremely guilty to be even considering a pup, but my mum had offered to buy us one. We were chatting away with the breeder, who was fabulous, she went on to show us the kennel club documents, the puppy we were looking at goes by the kennel club name of "Zac's Easter Surprise", I know it was a sign from my boy to go ahead with this puppy. I felt such a great relief. It was like fate we were meant to have this little boy. And we go to pick him up tonight at 6.30pm. He goes by the name of Marley. :D

10. Zippstar

Ahh bless, hope it goes well xxxx

11. baseballnorth

Hi and thank you to all who have replied to my posting.

I also posted this on Yahoo answers and of course immature people call me crazy and my life is in danger and I need help.

Anyway, I have been reading alot and I have come to accept the rainbow bridge and heaven. I have always heard of our pets being re born here on earth so they become someone elses pet.

I swear I can hear him at night, snoring(he snored louder then a human):)

I've taken a few pictures and there seems to be a fainted orb in two of the pictures. So maybe that is him.

I want to thank all of you for your warm posts as it truly has helped me and I feel better. I have also heard of a book which I have just purchased tonight that helps pet owners to believe there is an afterlife for our animals.

It's called "Cold Noses and the Pearly gates". I have just started reading but it is helping me find comfort already.

Again thank you to all, and I will continue to play baseball. I will dedicate this season in Thunders name.

God Bless.

John

12. Mollydoodle

Mollydoodle Banned

I wud take that as a sign that your pup is with you. I beleve in dog spirits and rainbow bridge and we sumtimes see our old black lab wich we find comforting. when he died of cancer we kept hearing him bark like wen he was playing and his ball kept rolling across the floor

13. Zippstar

Anyone who calls you crazy and says your life is in danger isn't worth the time - of course you're going to be upset about your beloved pet dying, and comments like that just make me so mad :mad:!

I hope you continue to find peace and acceptance, and when you feel ready, find another dog who will give you as much happiness as Thunder!

14. baseballnorth

Hi all,

Last night my cats kept staring at things around my room. Intensly might I add.

So I figured I would grab the camera and take some pictures, because sometimes things show up.

I infact camptured images of Orb and my cats looking right at them. I contacted a medium and she told me it was my Pup that had chosen to stay because he thought I needed him because I am taking his death really hard.
    he said Orbs are ghosts that are have not crossed over.

She advised me I should tell him that I am ok and its ok for him to move on. That he needs to cross over and rest until I can one day see him again.

What are your thoughts on this? He is deffinatly around me, I can hear him, feel him in the room abnd have captured Orbs.
    I have told him I am ok and that he should go and rest, after all it is about him not me. He needs to be at peace and rest.

John

15. Zippstar

I dont think him being around means he isn't at peace - maybe he's keeping an eye on you to make sure he is happy that you are OK - if thats the case, he wont leave until you are ready for him to go regardless of what you say. Be happy he's near you - he's not suffering anymore and thats the main thing!

16. bevstretton

bevstretton PetForums Member

so sorry to hear your story and the pain you are feeling right now, you are right though some people are lucky enough to feel their animals around them again, it is a very special moment and can take time for animals to come through, sometimes it is the owner being alittle afraid, other times it can take years.
    There are non believers in everything, but do believe you will meet again when you do not expect it.

No l am not a crazy person l have had animal spirits follow me everywhere, even other people pets walk thro our lounge wall and go through into the dining room, lots of visitors have witnessed them also, we had a sheep in our house in Cornwall, found out that the land was blown up in the war, many a day our old black rex walks across the worktop and sink,
    l have had people cry on the phone to me saying they can hear their dead animal cry outside, they have gone to find the animal and remember the death, others dream the animal has returned
    Only thing l can ask is are there any other animals in the house with you now, as they too will feel terrible grieve also and they too need time to except.

Take care and l do feel for you and your family, time will tell if your dog returns in spirit, but until that day you have so many wonderful memories and you were a good owner, leader and provider and you need time to grieve a loved family member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice