Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dog sneezing blood

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Lyracollie, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Lyracollie

Lyracollie Crazy hamster lady

Pippa had a small sneezing fit earlier and a couple of droplets of blood came out and then stopped. I've never had this happen with a dog before but I just wanted to know if this is usually cause for immediate alarm?

She seems otherwise her lively happy self and the bleeding hasn't continued but should I book her a vet appointment anyway or do dogs get random nosebleeds like we do?

2. Torin.

Torin. PetForums VIP

Sounds like a burst capillary from the force of the sneezing, yeah. I wouldn't worry about that, nor book an appt for it - it's just one of those things that happens sometimes! I'd take more note of the sneezing itself, especially if there wasn't an obvious cause and she continues sneezing that hard, as that might suggest a foreign body up her nose. But the blood itself isn't cause for alarm.

Sarah H, Lurcherlad and Lyracollie like this.
  3. Lyracollie

Ah thank you! That'd make sense I just got a bit worried as I've never seen that happen with a dog before.
    I think the sneezing was just from excitement since it was just before her breakfast, but I'll keep an eye on it in case she continues.

Lurcherlad and Torin. like this.
  4. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

Kenzie had this happen once, something caused a huge sneezing fit and it was like a massacre! But yes, just burst blood vessels.

Lyracollie likes this.
  5. Lyracollie

Aww bless her. They do know how to make a scene don't they. :D

6. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

Sox has this once he was upset and I panicked and phoned the vets insisting he be seen he had everything checked including teeth. He was fine it hasn’t happened since.

Lyracollie likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice