Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dog Sizes No. 1

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Happy Cat, Nov 20, 2007.

1. Happy Cat

Happy Cat PetForums Newbie

Hi all you dog lovers!

I have attached 5 Word documents to this post which contain comprehensive tables of shoulder heights and weights of all the dog breeds recognised by the English Kennel Club. I’ve been busy looking up dog sizes in books, other literature and on websites for the last six months or so, and these tables are the culmination of my long and interesting project!

Each document (and therefore each table) contains information about one dog breed group. I've uploaded 5 tables to this post and the other 2 are in a separate post called Dog Sizes No. 2.

The sizes given in the tables represent the minimum and maximum ranges which I’ve found so far – obviously there will be sizes that are a bit above or below the figures I’ve got, so if anyone can submit feedback on size updates, I’ll be very happy to receive their comments!

An unusual feature of these tables is that they give height and weight ranges for adult female dogs as well as those of adult males. I’m very interested in the size comparisons between male and female dogs, so anyone who shares my enthusiasm for this now knows where to go! There are countless books about dogs, the vast majority of which give only the total size ranges for each breed, with no male/female differences (for example: golden retriever – height 50-60 cm). I wanted to make my tables different!

I thought I would share the results of my size finding project with all interested people on Pet Forums – it’s such a great site that I wanted to show my appreciation for all the lovely, friendly people I’ve met so far by giving them something unusual and informative that they can enjoy.

Feel free to save the documents to your own computers if you want to look at them more thoroughly or would like to show/e-mail them to your friends. Just so you know, the rather official-looking © (copyright) at the bottom of each document is only there so people know who the documents were created by. You are very welcome to change any of the text in your copies except for the © as I have got the originals of my work on my own computer!

P.S. – All 7 of the documents are in Microsoft Word 97 format. If anyone is unable to view documents in this kind of format, please let me know what formats you ARE able to access on your computers and I’ll see if I can change my dog documents to a format which you can use.

With very best wishes,

Happy Cat

Attached Files:

2. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

All the RRs I know are outside both the height and weight that is currently in their breed standard by a fair way. I have heard from one or two sources that a breed standard revision is being considered - but I have no useful knowledge on the subject I am afraid.

3. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

It's a thread from 2007 and a spammer (reported) :)

4. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

Oh....I didn't even look. What an idiot :incazzato:.

5. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

I didn't like the look of this thread so I haven't open it the attachments either.

Now going to do a quick scan just in case.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice