Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dog sitting

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by BassetSittingT, Sep 14, 2018.

1. BassetSittingT

BassetSittingT PetForums Newbie

Hi everyone,

I am looking for some advice, I am currently looking after a friends dog for a week whilst she is on holiday. He has never been away from her before for longer than a night and I just wondered if I could get some advice on his behaviours.

He keeps barking at absolutely nothing and he whenever we leave a room he follows us, he wont sleep on his own and he has been sick two times one on the first night and once in the day a few days later, he seems absolutely fine in himself, he is eating his usual meals and enjoying his walks. I have read up on basset hounds and it says about them being very anxious dogs I was wondering if this could be why he is behaving the way he is ? because he misses his owner.

Any advice or any tips on how I can make him feel more relaxed are welcomed.
    Thanks in advance.

2. O2.0

O2.0 PetForums VIP

Since it's only a week, I would allow him to sleep with you if that's what it takes to help him settle.
    That he is eating fine is a good sign. Just be understanding of the fact that he is unsettled, and try to make his days as predictable as possible.

BassetSittingT likes this.
  3. BassetSittingT

BassetSittingT PetForums Newbie

we will do. thank you :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice