Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

dog sitting

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by wrinkles, May 31, 2010.

1. wrinkles

wrinkles PetForums Member

just wondering if any of you guy's used an inhouse dog sitting service?i am thinking about taking the kids abroad, for the first time ever! but can only do this if i have someone who could 'live' here and be me! the thought of leaving anyone in charge of my dogs makes me sweat, so a proffesional instead of a 'friend' would hopfully be easier for me?!!!! any tips, advice or recommendations would be brill! :thumbup:

2. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

I've just finished a 40 day in house dog sit, looking after a clients dog while he went away. He came back very pleased and wants us to meet up regularly to walk the dogs together, his dog is dog agressive and my dog is one she has kind of accepted.

I walked his dog twice a day, fed her, done a little training and just basically kept her company :) Stayed at his house the full 40 days, and kept it tidy and had a clean up before he came home :)

3. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

Perhaps would be a good idea to say where you are:D

4. Alisa25

Alisa25 PetForums Senior

Oh I completely understand the 'sweat' and concern over leaving your dogs with someone else. I would rather go for a person that has experience with animals, is trustworthy and passes the most important test - the dog test. Thats when YOUR dogs tell you whether they will get along with the person or not. They are the stricktest judges. Well actually not mine, if a burglar would ever break in and has a sausage,pork pie or especially a carrot - my dog would be sold and would probably help out. Lol. :rolleyes:

Whereabouts do you live btw? Cos I do pet sitting and dog walking hehe. :thumbup:

5. wrinkles

sorry should have added im in warwickshire. i would, in an ideal world :rolleyes: love someone to stay most likely a week, not sure i could handle 2! would love love love to give the kids a holiday, and do feel guilty they have never had one :( was thinking this may be the way we could all be happy. dogs stay in there home, same routine ect kids get a week on the beach, i sit with my phone next to me all week incase anything happens! is it me, or does everyone else feel sick at the thought of handing over 'control' ??!!

6. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

Im in Warwickshire too, where abouts are you? what dogs do you have, maybe I could help?

7. wrinkles

im in Rugby. ive a rotti, and chi's. :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice