Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dog sitting services near Reading

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by WelshOneEmma, May 8, 2010.

1. WelshOneEmma

WelshOneEmma PetForums VIP

So we are off to a wedding on Friday, and have to go up the night before as we are helping set up. Does anyone know of any good dog sitting services? Obviously we have Piper, and I don't really think we can bring her with us. One place I contacted said that they couldn't, by law, take puppies under 6 months. If this is the case, what other options do I have?

2. rona

rona Guest

3. rona

rona Guest

4. WelshOneEmma

5. Simira

Simira PetForums Junior

6. WelshOneEmma

7. lifeizsweet

lifeizsweet PetForums VIP

I live just outside Reading if you're really stuck! and i'm free :)

8. WelshOneEmma

You say that now I've booked her in somewhere! :) Thank you for the offer that's really kind. It would actually be for the entire day (drop off in the morning, collect later in evening) so may be more than you were expecting! :D

9. lifeizsweet

Nevermind! (was part of my evil plan to show OH we could cope with 2 dogs....hehehehe) Well, I'm about it you ever need someone again!

10. WelshOneEmma

Just do what I did with this pup - go and arrange it all anyway! Once we turned up to see her he wasn't able to say no! :thumbup:

Where in Reading (or just outside) are you? Maybe we could meet up one day to take them for a walk together......?

11. Simira

Simira PetForums Junior

Are you crazy? The different people must have different prices then... The Oxford ones are way lower priced than that.

12. WelshOneEmma

£30 Registration fee
    £30 to collect / return the 5 five mins from my house (literally!)
    £19 per day to have her, with a minimum over night stay

so its likely I would be charged for the Friday and Saturday with the overnight stay, so maybe closer to £100.

13. lifeizsweet

I'm in Twyford -so even closer to you really! Walk sounds good :) Where do you usually go?

14. WelshOneEmma

At the moment round the block as Piper is only little and also as we are new to dogs don't really know where to go yet that's good. At the moment she is in the garden, helping out, as she has decided some of the plants need 'repotting'! Where do you go? There is meant to be somewhere in Winnersh that is good isn't there? By the railway?

15. lifeizsweet

I like going to Dinton Pastures - just outside Winnersh, thats really good, always got loads of dogs for Brams to meet and play with.

We've also recently started going to the Look Out in Bracknell which is really nice too.

Bramble decided soon after moving in with us that he didn't like Rubarb and destroyed that (and the kiwi tree, and raspberry plant) and he also tried to replant our bonsai tree, took it out the pot, dug a little hole in the garden but unfortunately put it in hole leaves facing downwards and left the roots sticking out in the air!!

Let me know if you wanna go to Dinton one weekend?

16. WelshOneEmma

Never been to Dinton. OH is back tomorrow am, so may head there in the afternoon, weather permitting and all. Or maybe I will send him and spend my free time having a bath! A puppy is worse than having a baby!! :)

17. kaisa624

kaisa624 PetForums VIP

I would sit for you :) I live 20 mins from Reading :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice