Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dog sitting service

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by kimberleyanddarren, Jun 8, 2010.

1. kimberleyanddarren

kimberleyanddarren PetForums Junior

Hi Everyone,

I am just wondering who would use a service whereby someone would come into your home while you are away to feed walk cuddle etc. with your dog as an alternative to kennels?
    Not just for dogs but for cats, rabbits, gerbils, hamsters, ferrets, guinea pigs etc etc etc.

I am thinking of doing this over the summer for some extra pocket money seing as i have nothing planned and im just wondering if anyone would consider using this service or would i be wasting my time even advertising?

Thanks

2. y2klovebug

y2klovebug PetForums Junior

Heya, in theory its a really good idea and its something i would consider. However the thing that would worry me is that your giving a house key and your most treasured possesion into the trust of someone you dont know, that would probably put me off. Its certainly something that you could do for friends and family, and you could advertise a little bit and see what response you get before you go all out. Good luck!!

3. kimberleyanddarren

kimberleyanddarren PetForums Junior

Yes that is where i know there will be issues, im sure alot of people would be worried about handing over their house keys although im not sure there is a resolution for that issue really perhaps if they visited my house first to drop the keys off there they might feel safer as then they know where i live also? Hmm, its a tough one.

4. rona

rona Guest

My sister does this and I am going to incorporate it into my dog walking business.
    You would have to have insurance and possibly CRB or police check.
    The cost of these would probably be too high to do it as a summer job.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice