Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dog Sitting advice

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by peppapug, May 21, 2010.

1. peppapug

peppapug PetForums Senior

I am looking after my brother GSD/Labrador for a week whilst they go on honeymoon. she is a rescue dog that has found her kindred spirit in my brother!

Anyway, I have not had experience with a dog that isnt dog friendly. She is as good as gold with my dogs and any dogs that come to the house but outside on or off lead she makes a bee line for trouble. Her heckles go up and she looks fierce.

My question is, is it fair to other dog owners for me to walk her in a park on lead or should I street walk her? I always think lead walking a dog in a park is like taking a kid to a sweet shop to browse!!

My two like their park run off lead and are a nightmare on lead with pulling so three would be hard work but I don't want to get myself into a pickle in the park with a dog aggressive dog :rolleyes:

2. Phoenix&Charlie'sMum

Phoenix&Charlie'sMum PetForums VIP

Does she not have a muzzle? Would be easier if she did that way you could leave her on a long line for a sniff about.

Or is there any secure areas that she could have a good run off-lead, like tennis courts? Because you could street walk her on lead then give her a good run at the local tennis courts?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice