Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dog seems scared

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Spaniel mad, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Spaniel mad

Spaniel mad PetForums VIP

My 3 year old Springer is hopefully about 3 weeks pregnant. I noticed yesterday morning that she was not going to the loo and hadnt been since around 8pm the nite before. Left her a couple more hours and then worried i phoned the vet. They said she might have an infection, leave her abit more and see what happens. It got to about 4pm yesterday and she still hadnt been. We was about to take her to the vets when i noticed she was stepping on the area the dogs do their business and then backing off as if she was scared, so i took her for a run off the lead out the front and she peed for about 5 minutes and her pooh was the size of a mountain. I phoned the vet back and explained and they said theres no need to see her as it sounds like she was just scared.

But i cant understand why. Nothing about the garden has changed, no new things added. Where they go is where they have always been going.

Any ideas as to why she would now be scared to go there??

2. davehyde

davehyde Banned

hormones?

wierd things happen to ladies when hormones kick in.

now no bashing me girls i was trying to be sensible honest:rolleyes:;)

3. Spaniel mad

PMSL

She has deffo been moody and food posessive. She waits for the pups to leave their bowls and then guards them and if they try coming back she chases them away thinking im going to let her have it lol

4. Spaniel mad

just thought i would ad that she will still not go to the loo out the back. HELP

5. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Something has aboviously made her scared to go out the back.
    It could be simply that she was constipated and it hurt to go, and she associated it with that area.
    If she is happy to toilet elsewhere I would let her, and don't make a big fuss of where she doesn't want to go, maybe she will forget about it.

x

6. Spaniel mad

shes not showed any signs of being constipated. she steps on the area as if shes gonna go but then backs off and runs inside.

I was just worried as she could be 3 weeks pregnant but i will continue to take her out the front if thats what she wants

7. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Could she have been stung, or trod on something that hurt?

8. Spaniel mad

Shes not showing any signs of being stung and theres nothing that she can hurt herself on

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice