Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dog scratching floor at night

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by mightyimp1, Jul 20, 2020.

1. mightyimp1

mightyimp1 PetForums Newbie

Hi all,

I've got two dogs (2YO Lurcher and 8YO German Shephard) and one is being a right pain at night over the last few weeks!

Basically, what happens is whenever the last one goes to bed, about ten minutes or so later our German Shepherd starts scratching on the floor. The only way to stop her is to go sit with her, and so someone has been sleeping on the couch just to give her some company it would seem. She has the other dog with her, so I'm puzzled about why she is doing this.

Now she is prone to hearing noises and not reacting too well to them, but the only noise we could think of has been sorted, and yet the problem still keeps arising every night.

Any advice?

2. bumbarrel

bumbarrel PetForums Senior

Probably not applicable but could she be hearing something UNDER the floor?

Years ago I had a dog that sctached at the floor in one spot - turned out there was a wasps' nest under the boards.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  3. mightyimp1

mightyimp1 PetForums Newbie

It does appear to be in more random spots tbh. One of them is on some loose bit of carpet we have near the back door. The other near the bottom of the stairs just to attract our attention I think. It is a mystery :rolleyes:

4. welshdoglover

welshdoglover PetForums Senior

Is there any heating pipes there? Some dogs can hear the air hissing through them at a higher frequency than we can hear x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice