Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

dog returned after five years!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by lorr27, Jul 9, 2009.

1. lorr27

lorr27 PetForums Newbie

Hi my jack russell, Tyson, returned home last night at 4am after going missing five years ago!! He is now 14 years old and hasn't changed much since he left. He jumped all over me, licking my face. He doesn't remember his name or all the tricks we taught him. I can't believe he's back, we were devastated when he went missing and were just considering getting a new puppy. Just bought a new collar and lead for him incase he runs back to his other family, I kind of feel sad for them but am absolutely over the moon for us. Do you reckon this is a record?

2. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Wow, I don't know if it is a record but it is amazing, I think this will give hope to other people who have lost dogs, I would love to see a picture of Tyson.

3. scosha37

scosha37 PetForums VIP

Aww thats nice you got your dog back ..;)

You should mybe contact your local paper thye might be interested in your story...:D

We love to see Piccys of him...:D

4. animallover111

You must be over the moon,its fantastic you have got him back. :) :)

5. lorr27

lorr27 PetForums Newbie

I'll try to upload before and after photos tonight I have to find camera leads!!

6. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

That is amazing, maybe you should follow him back to his other home and sort something out as they could be devastated at losing him. You are quite sure it is your dog arent you. There is no reason why he would forget his name or the tricks you had taught him.

7. EmzieAngel

EmzieAngel PetForums VIP

Aww that is amazing!

8. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

if he was living with someone else though, couldn't he have learned to respond to a different name rather than the one he used to have?

It's brilliant that you have him back though! If you find his other family, I hope you come to some arrangement about him :)

9. lorr27

lorr27 PetForums Newbie

its def him! i just taught him to sit there so he just needs refreshing. I know my own dog!!

10. animallover111

I didnt think of that...its lovely that he is home but i guess the family he has been with must be missing him......

11. lorr27

lorr27 PetForums Newbie

If we find his other family I would def organise arrangements with them he is such a pet they must be lost without him kind of caught between a rock and a hard place.

12. Badger's Mum

Badger's Mum PetForums VIP

I'm really glad you got your dog back:D. I would take him to the vet if i was you, his other family might have had him chipped

13. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

Do you have any pictures or evidence of having him before you lost him? Just in case you find his old family, they might not want to give him back and could say they've had him since a pup :( so it could get a bit messy if you just go round to them and tell them he was your dog :eek: (not saying you'd do that, just that you know what people can be like, anything to not give him back to you!)

I deffo think you should see if the local paper will run a news story on him, we need a bit of good news these days :)

14. animallover111

Where did you find him?? :)

15. carol

carol PetForums VIP

thats great you got him back, but wouldnt you like to know where his been id get onto the local papers and tell them his story, then maybe the people who looked after him might contact you.

16. lorr27

lorr27 PetForums Newbie

We have loads of photos of him, and he is quite distinctive looking, has pointy ears like a fox, and clever as one too! It is such a happy story def well needed. There's no doubting he's our Tys!

17. EmzieAngel

EmzieAngel PetForums VIP

Yeah definately, I was just thinking that too.

18. lorr27

lorr27 PetForums Newbie

My brother was sitting out in his car outside my mam's house and he just jumped in at his feet. My mam said she heard barking but didn't take much notice as thare are a few dogs living in the estate. My parents were up all night with him, totally in awe. I've since moved into my own house so I'm travelling up and down a few times today to see him

19. Badger's Mum

Badger's Mum PetForums VIP

Not shaw where you'd stand on that one, sorry didn't mean to take the good news away coz it's great to have him back:D

20. lorr27

lorr27 PetForums Newbie

I have to go now and dress the children to go up and meet their "uncle" ha ha! I'll be back on tonight and hopefully I'll have photos to show ye. Thanks for all of your comments Talk to ye tonight! xxxx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice